traktor clipping so...

Notifications
Clear all

traktor clipping sometimes...

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i use my hercules rmx with traktor 3.4.1 . the graphical display a lot more jerky and is not smooth. this worries me a bit. more serious is that every 30 seconds or little enchants for a few tenths of a second (the feeling is like a creep cd that jumps). you know give me some advice is urgent ...
the notebook have one week of life so the performance are good ( 4gb ram ). os vista ( without all the uneccessary services).

3 Answers

Hello KylieDJ,

Normally, if you have the feeling of CD jump, I would suggest to check you have configured big enough ASIO buffers (6 to 8 milliseconds buffers in 16-bit/44-KHz for example).
But as you mention your graphical display is jerky, you should check the power scheme or the power settings of your notebook, maybe your notebook CPU speed is much slower than what you believe, so check your CPU speed on the CPU speed mention in the control panel, and check you power settings are for high performance.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935799/en-us

3 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks for the answer Maxdjack...My latency is over 10/13 ms... I try yo set 21ms without any positive result. Now It might be poor power supply by the usb port of my laptop?

3 Answers
Topic starter

I set my laptop with the best performance (Before it was recommended by hp) . Now "it seems" (fingers crossed) that everything go right.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello kyliedj,

normally, if you have the feeling of cd jump, i would suggest to check you have configured big enough asio buffers (6 to 8 milliseconds buffers in 16-bit/44-khz for example).
but as you mention your graphical display is jerky, you should check the power scheme or the power settings of your notebook, maybe your notebook cpu speed is much slower than what you believe, so check your cpu speed on the cpu speed mention in the control panel, and check you power settings are for high performance.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935799/en-us

Topic starter

thanks for the answer maxdjack...my latency is over 10/13 ms... i try yo set 21ms without any positive result. now it might be poor power supply by the usb port of my laptop?

Topic starter

i set my laptop with the best performance (before it was recommended by hp) . now "it seems" (fingers crossed) that everything go right.