traktor config on a...

Notifications
Clear all

traktor config on a macbook

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi i have currently purchased the traktor to use with my macbook and my hercules rmx, but i have no idea how it will work
i need the config and all the things that i need to make them work out together
any help will be appreciated
thanks !! 

3 Answers

Hello DJ Arsalan,

A TKS preset file for Traktor 3 DJ Studio can be downloaded on Hercules tech support website:
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=5
- the tks preset file is on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/TDJS/current/T3_DJ_Rmx.zip
- the explanation of the preset configuration is on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/TDJS/current/RMX-Traktor3_Config_MAC.pdf.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Hello dear Maxdjack
I actually did all of that last night, but the problem is that the jog wheels dont work, i cant scratch and i dont know how to assign effects to the buttons on my DJ console !
any suggestion ? 

3 Answers

Hello DJ Arsalan,

The pdf document describes where the functions you look for have been assigned on the Traktor map.

Jog wheel functions: the function assigned in Traktor is CD-DJ jog, so you must:
- either enter in Pause mode (push the Play/Pause button), and turn the jog wheel to scratch
- or, to scratch without pausing the deck, keep down the Stop button, and turn the jog wheel to scratch

The buttons 1 to 6 alone have been assigned by default to the loop modes only
(1 = loop in / 2 = reduce loop length / 3 = move loop backward / 4 = loop out / 5 = increase loop length / 6 = move loop forward)
but you can still access to Traktor buttons by keeping down the scratch button and pushing on buttons 1 to 6.
Scratch + button 1 = Previous (Load on deck Previous Effect)
Scratch + button 2 = Next (Load on deck Next Effect)
Scratch + button 3 = On (Activate the effect)
Scratch + button 4 = push down the next button in this effect (example = Reset, or Freeze…)
Scratch + button 5 = push down the following button in this effect…
Scratch + jog = modulate the effect…

These settings are listed in ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/TDJS/current/RMX-Traktor3_Config_MAC.pdf on pages 4 and 5.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello dj arsalan,

a tks preset file for traktor 3 dj studio can be downloaded on hercules tech support website:
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=5
- the tks preset file is on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/tdjs/current/t3_dj_rmx.zip
- the explanation of the preset configuration is on ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/tdjs/current/rmx-traktor3_config_mac.pdf.

Topic starter

hello dear maxdjack
i actually did all of that last night, but the problem is that the jog wheels dont work, i cant scratch and i dont know how to assign effects to the buttons on my dj console !
any suggestion ? 

Topic starter

hello dj arsalan,

the pdf document describes where the functions you look for have been assigned on the traktor map.

jog wheel functions: the function assigned in traktor is cd-dj jog, so you must:
- either enter in pause mode (push the play/pause button), and turn the jog wheel to scratch
- or, to scratch without pausing the deck, keep down the stop button, and turn the jog wheel to scratch

the buttons 1 to 6 alone have been assigned by default to the loop modes only
(1 = loop in / 2 = reduce loop length / 3 = move loop backward / 4 = loop out / 5 = increase loop length / 6 = move loop forward)
but you can still access to traktor buttons by keeping down the scratch button and pushing on buttons 1 to 6.
scratch + button 1 = previous (load on deck previous effect)
scratch + button 2 = next (load on deck next effect)
scratch + button 3 = on (activate the effect)
scratch + button 4 = push down the next button in this effect (example = reset, or freeze…)
scratch + button 5 = push down the following button in this effect…
scratch + jog = modulate the effect…

these settings are listed in ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/tdjs/current/rmx-traktor3_config_mac.pdf on pages 4 and 5.