Notifications
Clear all

support for linux/mixxx

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

i just purchased the rmx and quickly set it up to work with mixxx in fedora 9. i presume there are only two people who use this rmx with linux: myself and garth dahlstrom. garth has already spoken to hercules about getting decent drivers, but for now, the libdjconsole is serving the purpose. hercules is trying to get drivers for linux. well continue to maintain and patch up libdjconsole and if and when hercules releases source code for their driver, well be happy to maintain that as well.

if anyone needs help setting up the rmx on linux, post your questions here. ill be glad to help. its a learning experience for me. btw, hercules has outdone themselves. this is a masterpiece of equipment. it may redefine what a dj needs to bring to a gig.

as of now, ive found only two annoyances: the pitch sliders are way too sensitive and the 6 preset buttons, the flanger button, and beat lock (loop) have not been mapped. i presume it is only a matter before this gets fixed.

1 Answer
Topic starter

Hi there, actually there are more users of mixxx/hercules rmx...

I'm using ubuntu hardy, and got it working. However I did get some good help from the guys on the mixxx forum.

using the rt kernel and with some additional tweaks, there's no probs anymore. I did have to use an altered xml to get the thing light up and actually start working. However I do think that on ubuntu I needed to apply less tweaks for low latency than I have to on win xp.

Still, I rather use traktor at the moment than mixxx, so it's sitting still on my desktop computer. On the laptop it's xp icw traktor.

cheers.

1 Answer
Topic starter

hi there, actually there are more users of mixxx/hercules rmx...

im using ubuntu hardy, and got it working. however i did get some good help from the guys on the mixxx forum.

using the rt kernel and with some additional tweaks, theres no probs anymore. i did have to use an altered xml to get the thing light up and actually start working. however i do think that on ubuntu i needed to apply less tweaks for low latency than i have to on win xp.

still, i rather use traktor at the moment than mixxx, so its sitting still on my desktop computer. on the laptop its xp icw traktor.

cheers.