Notifications
Clear all

inpulse 500 firmware corrupt

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, good morning.

i am a small time dj that operates solely on our small community here in the philippines. i am a proud owner of hercules products (rmx1, rmx2 and inpulse 500 gold).

i have a very serious problem with my inpulse 500 gold, i think i broken the firmware because when im installing the driver and right in the process of updating its firmware theres been a power interruption and i think it affected my inpulse 500 gold console.

1. i tried connecting it again to my computer but it cant detect my console. the led lights is on and thats about it.
2. tried connecting it to my laptop and another desktop and the same problem.
3. i did not see any corroded or burned parts.

is there any way that i can fix this console? i cant send it back for warranty because im here in philippines. is there any way that i can flash its firmware back?

computer: intel i5 (9th gen), 32gb ddr4 ram
device: inpulse 500 gold
usb hub powered
software: djuced (latest), virtualdj

Hello Keedier,

Can you run the Hercules DJ Control Panel and if the DJ controller is detected in this app, what do you read at the About page?

Topic starter

hi, im sorry but i cant seem to run the hercules DJ control panel. the "open" menu is greyed out.

Hello Keedier,

Understood.

Please let me know what occurs if you follow the firmware update manual process:
1) right-click on Windows icon, on bottom left
2) Select Run
3) In the run field, type, with the " as in next line
"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\cpl2\firmware\HDJSeries2Updater" -manual
4) Click on OK
Does the firmware updater detects "DJControl Inpulse 500" in the Infos field?

"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\cpl2\firmware\HDJSeries2Updater" -manual
Topic starter

Hi, UX Team. I did precisely what you asked but it seems like it cant detect my djcontrol impulse 500.

no display on that info drop box and all three of the buttons are greyed out.

Hello Keedier,

I have sent you another process in the private messaging area. 

Topic starter

Hello,

I've just come across this thread. I also seem to be experieincing the same issue with my Inpulse 500. 
Any chance I can get some support?

Thanks

Helloteejaydjuk,

Welcome to the forum,

If you can
- complete your computer profile in "Describe your equipement" field with the computer brand and model, version of Windows or macOS, version of Hercules DJ drivers, USB port as described here
-  and post a message in which you describe PRECISELY your problem, how it occurs
then a forum can be of some help for you.

A forum may be efficent only for users who provide enough technical information to duplicate their configuration and try to duplicate their issue, but it cannot be efficient if the technical information is not detailed enough to duplicate the configuration.

If you cannot provide such technical information, then please contact Hercules technical support here

Topic starter

Hi,

Thank you. I have completed my profile now.

Please see my issue below.

On Sunday, my controller kept randomly disconnecting itself from my computer. It would be playing music then it would stop automatically, however the lights on the controller would stay lit.

I decided to update the controller drivers as I noticed I was using an outdated version. It then prompted me to update the firmware of the controller. After carrying out the necessary updates, the controller would no longer connect to my computer and only the Beatmatch light would stay lit.

I used different USB cables and even tried plugging it in to another computer but it doesnt get detected. It doesn't pop up in Virtual DJ or Serato.

It almost seems it has gone in to some sort of recovery/boot mode as the controller no longer lights up like it usually does when plugged in.

I hope this helps.

Thanks 

Hello Teejaydjuk,

Thanks for the feedback summary.

1) Please precise the brand and model of your USB-C to USB type A adapter
For example
- Apple MJ1M2ZM USB-C adapter  https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MJ1M2ZM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter?
- Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Multiport adapter MUF82ZM
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MUF82ZM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter
or a USB hub with a power supply (and then precise the brand and model)

2) Please precise
- the brand, model and type of the other USB cables you have tried.
- the version of Ventura on your macBook Pro, the type of MacBook Pro (13", 16", CPU, and RAM) and whether you are using your MacBook Pro connected to the power supply

3) Please describe the brand, model, type of USB port, type of USB connection on the other computer you have tested.

4) Please confirm if on your MacBook you see no USB restricted mode messages?

Ventura displays a message "Allow accessory to connect?" when you connect a USB device, but I think this function is only for Mac chipset (M1, M2) and if your MacBook is a 2019 model, it is still with an Intel Core CPU.

5) Please go in Macintosh HD > Applications > DJHERCULESMIX > DJSeries > DJCInpulse500 > ControlPanel
Run the control panel.
What does it display as Firmware when you go to the About tab?
The up to date firmware is 1.66 Top 1.39

6) Check your Macbook power supply. If it is not an Apple model, forget it.
A me-too model I had bought for a fraction of an Apple power supply totally destroyed the power circuit of one of my first Macbooks, so I know I must be careful
Recently, I started getting crashes on my old MacBook of 2015 and I brought it to a Apple repair centre: the technician tested the MacBook and said the power circuit was OK in his opinion, so he asked me to bring my power supply, which I had forgotten to bring, and he saw instantly it was a bad power supply because it was not an Apple - I had changed it in 2019 and it was OK until 2022, but now it was causing multiple issues when connecting USB bus powered devices. I changed the power supply for an official Apple one, and all my problem disappeared.