updating hercules r...

Notifications
Clear all

updating hercules rmx on a desktop

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my question is can we update hercules rmx console on a desktop computer (not a notebook)  without a powered usb hub ?

as i read in some of the topics here by 

maxdjack

as he mentioned on laptops, one even recommands going through a powered usb hub, but as you have a desktop pc, the usb hub inside the desktop pc is normally well powered. 
so anyone tried it with a desktop computer before ? should i do it? 
i dont want to buy a powered usb hub couse i read they can fail too , and the expnsive ones are well ... expensive 🙂

and i must say this updating thing and one error causing you too much trouble eeprom flashing or just throwing away your console is really annoying 🙁 !!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello,

if your msi laptop is under windows 8.1 or windows 10, and has usb 3 ports with an intel usb controller, it is probably logical. 
the firmware of your rmx is probably not up to date for the windows 8.1 driver for intel usb 3.
my suggestion is that you install the drivers 2015_hdjs_6 on your desktop pc, and you update the firmware of your rmx on this desktop pc.
be careful, this firmware update must not be stopped by a disconnection, a mistake duuring this update may prevent your rmx from booting ever, so before running this installation of 2015_hdjs_6, you should 
- close all background tasks on the desktop pc,
- disconnect the internet, 
- switch off the antivirus,
to make sure the flashing process runs smoothly.
on laptops, one even recommands going through a powered usb hub, but as you have a desktop pc, the usb hub inside the desktop pc is normally well powered.

once you have updated the firmware of your rmx in your desktop pc, you can install it, with the drivers 2015_hdjs_6, in your msi laptop.

Hello DC77,

Yes, it is possible to update a DJ Console Rmx on a desktop computer without a USB hub, but it is more dangerous than without a USB hub, because 95% of external USB hubs with a power adapter properly power each USB port while a much more significant fraction of internal USB hubs do not proposerly power the USB ports.

The risk, when you update the firmware of DJ Console Rmx, if that if an error occurs while you are writing the boot section of the Rmx, it will no longer work, and it becomes just a dead metal brick, unless you open the Rmx, remove the eeprom, and reburn it on an external eeprom burner.