is it possible to f...

Notifications
Clear all

is it possible to flash the eeprom of the hercules dj console 1 (mac version) so that it will work with pc?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i dug this out today but no longer have a mac.is it possible to flash the eeprom on this model so that it will work with pc?

iv seen a few threads explaining the process the other way around (pc to mac). but nothing so far for mac version to pc? 

thanks. 

Hello,

DJ Console Mk1 Mac is also compatible with a PC, so it does not seem as interesting to switch a Mac version into a PC version compare to the opposite conversion.
But yes, if you want to flash the eeprom of DJConsole Mk1 Mac into a PC version (with an external eeprom burner as it cannot be flashed directly via USB cable), I can send you the Mk1 PC firmware (but do not ask me an up to Mk1 firmware, it does not exist: DJ Console Mk1 is so old its firmware cannot be up to date).  

Topic starter

Hi, thank you for your reply. 

"DJ Console Mk1 Mac is also compatible with a PC, so it does not seem as interesting to switch a Mac version into a PC version"

When i plug my console in it lights up, the coloured elds do the boot up light pattern then only the red 'peak' led is lit up red. 

Windows recognises the Console, but does not recieve any information and in device manager there is a little orange 'caution' sign over the Hercules DJ Console entry (under sound, video and game controllers). 
When i right click the entry in device manager the device satatus is... 

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect."
On the back of the Hercules device is a factory sticker that states this is the mac version.
Also the words "DJ Console" on the top of the front of the device are in blue lettering, which i beleive also means its the mac version. 

I would really appreciate being sent the MK1 PC Firmware and ill buy an epromm burner on amazon. 

Many thanks for helping me, and also thank you for all you do for this forum!

w

Hello,

Indeed, Hercules DJ Console Mk1 Windows control panel cannot detect DJ Console Mk1 Mac, so the control panel icon has a red cross. I cannot test it on my side as I have no DJ Console Mk1, either Mac or Windows.
You can check if it sends MIDI commands in going on MIDImonitor.com website with a Chrome browser.
I do not think DJ Console Mk1 can work on a Windows 10 PC which has USB 3 ports.

Hello Sneaksby,

I have not come back to you yet as I still seek for the eeprom file in DJConsole Mk1.