no audio in headpho...

Notifications
Clear all

no audio in headphones

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, im brand new to djing and using the hercules inpulse 200. i am sometimes having difficulty getting the audio to my headphones (but strangely not all the time!?) can anyone give me an idea as to why this is? tried changing the settings from master to headphones etc. but doesnt always work?

Hello,

Happy new year and welcome on the forum.

Have you understood that
- DJ equipment use 4-channel sound cards : so the headphones output (preview: output 3&4) is not the same channel as the speaker output (Master: output 1&2),
- multimedia sound cards are 2-channel sound cards: the headphones and the speaker outputs share the same channel (output 1&2)
so that on DJ equipment you can listen to 2 different audio signals in the headphones and in the speakers, while on multimedia sound cards, you listen to the same signal on the headphones and on the speakers outputs?

In "having difficulty getting the audio to your headphones", do you mean in DJing (with Djuced or another DJ software) you have difficulty to preview in the headphones?

If you mean you sometimes hear no audio in headphones in DJ software, please confirm you have set the audio like that (in Djuced, in Settings > Audio) 

Output
Master = Output 1&2
Headphones = Output 3&4

and then, to listen in your headphones:
- to deck 1 (left deck): do you press on the left key with headphones icon, below the Filter rotary knob,
- to deck 2 (right deck): do you press on the right key with headphones icon, below the Filter rotary knob,
- to the music normally played in the speakers (Master): do you press on the central key with MASTER label, below the Headphones rotary knob?