connection issues

Notifications
Clear all

connection issues

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everyone, apologies if this has been covered before but i cant seem to power up the dj control air.
ive downloaded the djuced app on the ipad and connected it up as instructed. using an atolla 3.0 usb hub.
any help would be very much appreciated, trying to get this set up before christmas for my son.

thanks steve 

Hello Steve,

Since a few years, Apple has changed (via iOS updates) its power requirements on recent Lightning devices (iPad and iPhone) so that on these devices, the camera kit you need is the lightning to USB 3 camera adapter.
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter
If you have a recent iPad device, please use this USB 3 camera adapter, and connect the iPad power to the free lighning port on this camera adapter (close to the USB port): using this USB 3 to lightning camera adapter avoid the need to use a USB hub.

PS: Have you tried updating DJControl Air drivers on a PC or a Mac?
Some DJControl Air have an old firmware (embedded software) which should be updated to support properly iOS.

If you look at the control panel in Windows, in the about tab, check the firmware is 1.0.0.23

If you have a lower firmware version, you should
1) update the drivers in Hercules support website  https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolair-en/
2) Once you have installed the last driver package (2019_HDJS_1 today), you should connect the DJControl Air and let the driver update the controller firmware
3) and afterward, disconnect the DJControl Air from the PC and try to connect it to the iPad camera kit.

Topic starter

That's great, thank you I'll visit the Apple store tomorrow 👍🏻

Topic starter

That's great, thank you I'll visit the Apple store tomorrow 👍🏻

I have dj contorl jogvision controller & serato dj lite softwere...i have connecting problrm.. my controller is autometic disconnecting with my laptop ....

Hello Chin2,

Welcome on the forum.
Please
- precise your version of Serato DJ Lite and your version of Windows or macOS.
- what is your DJControl Jogvision driver package: today's last driver package is 6.08s for macOS, and 2019_HDJS_1 for Windows,
- describe the controller disconnection circumstances: when does it occur, and what are the symptoms?