ZOEKEN

THEMA'S >FORUMS UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > [SOLVED] Problems Running turntables thru RMX2
Terug naar de onderwerpen BEANTWOORDEN

[SOLVED] Problems Running turntables thru RMX2

troyski99

13 Berichten
Gepost op 11/11/12 aan 23:08:44
UK
I have this week finally taken the plunge and joined the digital era, by purchasing myself a shiny new RMX2.  I have used the machine for its original purpose and found it a lot of fun, but tonight i have tried to connect my turntables to the RMX2 and am having some strange results!!  Firstly, the headphones button was controlling whether the track from either channel was playing to the house, I could get no seperation between the house and the headphones but then i worked out that i needed to have my output from the "booth 1-2" terminals, not the "output 3-4" terminals.  So after a quick switch around, i thought i was good to go, problem solved right? Wrong!!  Now the RMX2 is lagging behind the turntables by 10 whole seconds!!  I'm pretty sweet at mixing, but i ain't good enough to over come that!!PLEASE HELP ME!!

troyski99

13 Berichten
Gepost op 11/11/12 aan 23:19:53
UK
So the old trick of "turning it off and back on again" seems to have eliminated 9.5 seconds of the delay, but there is still a half a second delay between the turntable and the sound output.  Any ideas?

DJ Phatso

4100 Berichten
Gepost op 11/12/12 aan 17:02:08
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
The default audio configuration may not be totally adequate for your needs, so depending if you are using a PC or a MAC, you will have to adjust the ASIO buffer size in the Advanced tab of the DJ control panel (PC) or the latency setting in the software audio configuration (MAC).

Only change one step at a time, use it as you would normally, and change it again if necessary.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

troyski99

13 Berichten
Gepost op 11/12/12 aan 22:29:09
UK
Thanks a lot for replying, but i cant seem to find the "advanced" tab?  I am using DJuced on a PC.  The closest i've came is to find the settings cog at the top of the dsjuced browser, but within there, there is no advanced tab that i can see?

troyski99

13 Berichten
Gepost op 11/12/12 aan 23:39:35
UK
Ok, so i think ive worked out that the audio configuration you mentioned is actually within my PC's sound settings, not the DJuced software (am i right?).  Within the sound settings there are 2 options "realtek high definition audio default device" (currently selected) & "2 DJ Console RMX2" (status is "ready").  I've selected the RMX2 instead and have adjusted, in the advanced tab, the bit rate on all the different options, it makes no difference, is this what you were suggesting i did?

DJ Phatso

4100 Berichten
Gepost op 11/13/12 aan 14:04:44
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
I am refering to the Advanced tab of the Hercules DJ Control panel, which can be opened using the icon in the Notification area (near the clock) or Windows Control panel.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

troyski99

13 Berichten
Gepost op 11/14/12 aan 17:31:11
UK
I've found the icon as you suggested, but it does nothing? No program opens and no menu appears.  I have tried updating but it says i have the latest version, sooo confused!!

troyski99

13 Berichten
Gepost op 11/14/12 aan 18:00:23
UK
found it and sorted!!

Thanks for your patience.

Bustin Justin

2 Berichten
Gepost op 11/20/13 aan 04:43:18
USA
Found this article but I have a mac and exhausted trying to figure out how to hook up my tables through this rmx2. I have a macbook pro and vdj7.4 or juiced. cant figure it out on either.

DJ Phatso

4100 Berichten
Gepost op 11/20/13 aan 16:49:09
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
So you've connected  for your turntables to Input 1-2 and 3-4 on the back of the Rmx2, and selected the appropriate input type ?

Once this is done, you'll need to configure your software accordingly.

For VDJ, use the following configuration:

- Input : Line-Ins (for standard audio sources) or Timecodes (if using your turntables for Timecode)

- Output(s): Headphone (if you do preview and mixing from the console) or External mixer

-Soundcard: 4-In/4-Out card > DJ Console Rmx2

For more details, I'd recommend reading VDJ's Audio Setup guide which you'll find with the other manuals.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

Bustin Justin

2 Berichten
Gepost op 11/21/13 aan 04:27:45
USA
"Looking for the rattle i forgot to put gas in the tank"
thanks! i got it now....wedding season has my brain fried lol
all hail DJ Phatso!