flac/mp3 tags overw...

Notifications
Clear all

flac/mp3 tags overwritten by djuiced

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

in some songs after using djuice to play flac or mp3 files the tags get overwritten. this is annoying because i also use other media players so tags are quite handy for me. i want them to be consistent. i can reproduce it.

it looks like files with ape or flac tag encoding have this issue far more than when id3 were used. its a bit like comment/custom fields get copied to artist/album artist/album title fields by djuiced for some reason. i reset the database but that didnt work. 

i use impulse 200 / djuiced 5.3.6 / windows 11 (up to date). 

Hello ULX,

Welcome to the forum.

All the DJ app I use add metadata in the audio files for BPM, key, cue points, but it should not overwrite artist, album, title fields if they are already filled.
The only tracks where DJ apps do not tag metadata and write them in the separate database are audio formats with no tags (but it is simpler and safer to tag, as moving the audio tracks keeps the tags while keeping the same database info between 2 computers is more difficult).

So I suppose you found a Djuced bug in a specific tag format:

Please
1) Find 2 versions of an audio file where you can get this bug: the version before getting imported n Djuced, the version of the same audio file after being analyzed and retagged by Djuced
2) Upload these 2 versions of the same audio file in a file transfer host as https://wetransfer.com/
3) accept my invitation on  https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends / and send me a message in the private messaging area of the forum with the wetransfer link
and I will transfer the files to Djuced team for them to analyze them.

Topic starter

Thanks for the quick reaction. I think you're right that it's a bug in the way djuices handles tags/ 

What i noticed is the following: 

• I had an album which I downloaded - and used MP3Tag (3.18)  to connect to discogs to get the tag information. This works fine, but for the "album artist" tag. I have to do this manually in MP3Tag.
  • Play it in Windows Media Pkayer - everything looks good. Looking at it after playing with MP3tags: Albumartist is still there.
  • Drag and drop it from the windows explorer onto a deck in DJuiced: DJuiced analyzes it autiomatically. Afterwards mp3tag shows that tag as <empty> (even without playing.)
  • Open it in WMP: The album artist tag shows up what the file has in it's own "Performer" tag. In MP3 tag the "album artist" tag is still empty. 
I'll upload a few files shortly.

Hello Ulx,

I have not received yet a file before/after the bug, please let me know when you plan to send it and send me a private message here with the internet link (wetransfer or other transfer host).

Cheers