Clear all

playlist order change when adding/removing song

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

i have an inpulse 300 on windows 10

when a playlist is not sorted in ascending or descending order, when adding or removing a song, it sometimes screws entirely the playlist order. rather annoying on a big set.
was happening to me on previous version and happened yesterday also on 5.0

i do save my playlist files in a separate folder each time to ensure i have a backup so can send  you the messed up file and back up file if that helps
in last instance, my last song became the first one etc...

any help would be greatly appreciated,

take care!

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your message.

Indeed,  there is no ranking in the playlists, so I don't see a great solution which would be always good.

Ranking is interesting especially in Automatic Mixing, but in real live performance, you never play all what you had planned as you must remove what does not work, and you add what fills the dancefloor, and you normally find it in real time when looking at people dancing. So I understand it would be cool to have a ranking in a playlist, but it must be dynamically reranked all the time.  

Topic starter

hello,

coming backon the subject as I think you misunderstood my message, probably because I didn't explain it really well... 🙂

Now I think I have found the issue.

If you sort a playlist by track number in djuced, and move song 3 to the 4th position, then fine.
If you do the same thing AFTER you have sorted your playlist by Key, then all the playlist is now re-ordered by key and the initial order of the songs is screwed and can't be retrieved. so have to redo the playlist again.
Seems like a bug to me...?
Thanks,
take care
Steve

Hello,

Please confirm your use Djuced 5.0.8.

Djuced 5.0.8 displays a ranking column in the Playlists, the ranking column title has the symbol Number Sign #, and if you click on the title of the column #, the playlist is ranked by its ranking number.
To change the ranking of a track:
- Click on 
# do display the list in its ranking order
- Select the track whose rank must be changed
- and move it in the list to its new rank

Topic starter

Hello,
Thank you, yes I am using 5.0.8, and I know what you mention in your response.
Please read my message again, this is not what I mean.
If you sort a playlist by Key THEN move any song in the playlist, then all rankings in column # get changed  and #ranking is in line with key, not anymore with the initial ranking you have made when creating the playlist.
Does that make more sense?
Thanks
Stivmakouin

Hello,

You cannot rank the playlist by key, you can only rank it by ranking, with column #.
You can display the playlist by any index, including by key, artist, BPM, length, but it is just a display, a temporary order, not the fixed ranking.

If you want to get a ranking by key, you must:
- display by key to see what should be the rank,
- then display by rank, and move the tracks of the playlist to place them 1 by 1 in the ranking # column.

It is not very fast, so following you remark, the Djuced team has told me they will look at a way to freeze the display order into a ranking order. 

Topic starter

Hi,

Perfect, this is what I meant, the # ranking should never be impacted by any other change you make.

I personally just make sure, until fixed, that songs are sorted by # and not by Key before moving any song in the playlist.

Thanks

Philippe