Notifications
Clear all

problem with speakers

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys,
i know this aint problem with typical "dj setup" but i couldnt find any help on the internet.
i have problem with my speakers hercules xps dj monitor. my right speaker stopped working after my brother plugged into input for headphones his beats. from that moment only my left speaker is working and when i turn volume all the way down i can barely hear sound comming just from the right speaker. ive also tried to change those "red&white" cables but it didnt work. the volume, bass and treble "buttons" on that right speaker are working. also input for headphones works.
please i need help with this because i have no idea what to do and i tried to search everything on the internet.

Hello Nik,
Welcome on the forum.
Please precise the model of XPS DJ Monitor (for example XPS DJ Monitor 2.080, XPS DJ Set 2.060 , or DJ Monitor 42) and confirm you have removed the headphones/headphones adapter from the headphones plug.
Topic starter

Hi,
thank you for the welcome.
I have XPS DJ Monitor 2.080 and I don't have plugged headphones in input.

Hello,

So I suppose the issue is as follows
- the Beats headphones connector has not the traditional 3,5mm connector dimensions (it is longer or larger at the end),
- the sensor detecting the headphones in the headphones plug in XPS DJ 2.080 is damaged,
- so an "elastic" metal part at the bottom of the plug did not come back to its default position after you removed the headphones,
- and the headphones connector still cuts the sound of the right-side voice due to this unwelcome metal contact.

My opinion is that the problem may be corrected in removing the headphones plug, resetting the contact detector (or cutting the detector pin if it is too damaged), but I have no schematics of the speaker for the moment, so I suggest waiting until I get more information, if I can get more.

An important point is that the copper windings converting the AC power in active speakers can store electricity even after you unplug the speaker, so to avoid an electric shoc, before disassembling the right speaker, you must
- let it unconnected from the power for a few hours,
- let the power button on position ON for these few hours, so that the electric power is spend in the speakers,
- and when you disassemble, of course it is not connected the power supply, and you must switch again the speaker power button on position Off 10 minutes before disassembling, to empty the circuit. 

Hello NIK,

How old are your speakers?
They have a 2-year warranty so that if it you bought them less than 2 years ago and if you have kept the invoice, you can contact your reseller to ask for the return process,