midi mapping for jo...

Notifications
Clear all

midi mapping for jogvision on traktor

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

trying to find the mappings for the jogvision controller in traktor. what im trying to accomplish is to get the beats led to go in with the beat phase. looked through the manuals and the midi documentation on the site to no avail.

Hello,

& welcome on the forum.

1) Hercules mapping for third party software, including Traktor, can be downloaded from Hercules support website, in the MIDI mapping section.
https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontroljogvision-en/

2) Jogvision beat viewer is not mapped to replicate Traktor phase meter: I am not sure a 4-LED viewer is enough to replicate this phase meter.

Topic starter

Thank you for your reply. I did go through the files in the MIDI section but the PDF doesn't state the commands for the Beat LED. I basically just want the lights to light up from the beat phase operation. The current mapping does this already for the LEDs in the SYNC button but because I don't have the MIDI code for the beat LED, I can't apply it.

There isn't any current mapping for the Beat LEDs. 

I also checked the MIDI commands PDF from the Manual sections and its all french to me Laughing

Hello,

The manual "MIDI command DJControl Jogvision" in the section "Manual" of

It is not written in french, but in MIDI.

The section Midi Output Note On/Off Messages (starting on page 23) describes the MIDI note On/Note off messages which must be sent by the software to the controller.

On page 26 you can read

BEAT1_DA 90 3A Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON
BEAT2_DA 90 3B Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON
BEAT3_DA 90 3C Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON
BEAT4_DA 90 3D Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON 

on pages 29-30
BEAT1_DB 91 3A Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON
BEAT2_DB 91 3B Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON
BEAT3_DB 91 3C Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON
BEAT4_DB 91 3D Value 00 : OFF – 7F: ON 

For example 
can be read as 

MIDI Control:
BEAT1_DA
BEAT1 = 
Beat 1st LED
DA = on Deck A

MIDI Message
90 3A Value
90 means 9= Note On / Off, 0 = first MIDI channel,
3A = 3A in Hex, or 58 in decimal

Value description
00 : OFF – 7F: ON
00: OFF = switch the LED off in sending a 00 value to MIDI note 3A on 1st MIDI channel)
7F: ON = Switch the LED on in sending a 7F value (7F is an Hex value = 127 in decimal) to MIDI note 3A on 1st MIDI channel

So 
Can be read as:
- To light on Beat 1 LED on deck A, send to 1st MIDI channel Note On 3A the value 7F  (= send 90 3A 7F)
- To light off Beat 1 LED on deck A, send to 1st MIDI channel Note On 3A the value 00 (= send 90 3A 00)

Topic starter

serias tan amable de explicar con imagenes del traktor 3.2   como poner esos valores en el controller manager. mo se como introducir esos valores, gracias

Hello Vinchens

1) Please remark you can import in Traktor Pro 3.2 the Traktor Pro 2.9 mapping which is on
in the MIDI Mapping section: it works in Traktor Pro 3.2.

2) In Traktor > Preferences > Controller Manager the MIDI command assigned to each software function are displayed the commands in Music Note format C-2, C-2#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A#, B etc...
While Hercules Jogvision MIDI Command Manual displays the MIDI commands in Hexadecimal format: from 01 to 7F

To translate one format in the other format, you can use a MIDI conversion table as