hercules mk2 /hissi...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules mk2 /hissing sound = solution

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have a hercules mk2 board and a 3000 watt amp.  the mk2 was causing a horrible hissing sound when my volume was above 75% and no matter what i did to the wiring or the mk2, it would not go away.   i solved the problem by installing this little $15 box from best buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-ground-loop-isolator-black/9855136.p?skuid=9855136

im sure im not the only one thats had this issue, so you might want to be aware, so you can suggest it to other customers.

you simply connect the two ground wires to the grounds of the mk2, and plug the rca plugs into the output of choice.  on the other end of the little box are two female rcas (left/right) to connect a cable that goes to the amp

amp is now dead quite at full volume.

Hello,

If a ground loop isolator solves your noise problem, it means:
- either you have a ground loop: then you should ask an electrician to check the electric power outlet on which you are connected, since lacking a ground is bad for your electric safety,
- or your speakers input was saturated: then you could hear at which output level increasing the Mk2 output level stopped increasing the speaker volume, and that was the saturation point, then why on hell do you increase further the volume, if the speakers input is  not strong enough to bear a loud input.