Clear all

hercules rmx blue blinking lights on osx 10.9

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi.
first i want to thank you for the help.
i have an hercules rmx console that i didnt used in a couple of months. now i bought a late 2013 macbook air with mac osx 10.9 and i´m trying to use it with the rmx.
i installed the driver and every time i plug the console to the computer the blue lights on the console start blinking but never stops. im unable to use the console.
i tried the console on another mac (an imac with 10.9) and the console works perfect (i also updated the driver)
i thought it was because the macbook was not connected to the power outlet and there was not enought power for the console when the computer runs on bateries, but i plugged the computer to the power outlet and the console lights keeps blinking.
any idea of what is happening?
any help will be great.
thank you
daniele. 

The problem is indeed related to power.

Try a powered USB hub between the Rmx and MacBook. This will provide constant power to the console and should allow the computer to enumerate and install it properly.

Topic starter

Hi DJ Phatso

i have the same problem as below, how do i connect the controller to the usb port then the port to the macbook?

do i need a usb to usb lead?

having real dramas trying to get it to work it is very frustrating

jake  

Hello Jakekav,

1) If you have the same problem, connecting a powered USB hub between the Rmx and the MacBook is not too difficult: you should
- get a powered USB hub (USB hub which has a power adapter),
- you connect on one USB port of your MacBook the USB cable delivered with your USB hub,
- you connect a USB hub to this USB cable
- you connect the power adapter to the USB hub
- you connect your DJ Console Rmx USB cable to the USB hub,
- and you connect your DJ Console Rmx to this USB cable.

2) Describing your situation with more details (what is your Macbook model, what is your controller, did you test it on another computer, what is its symptoms on this other computer) may help you A LOT to have no drama to get it to work.
I am not convinced you have the same problem as zanvetto (so I am not convinced a USB hub is necessary for you), but if you don't describe your problem in details, you lose some of the opportunities to solve your problem.

Topic starter

Thanks so much! This solved my problems!

The problem is indeed related to power.

Try a powered USB hub between the Rmx and MacBook. This will provide constant power to the console and should allow the computer to enumerate and install it properly.

Topic starter

hey folks im having very similar issues with my herc rmx and brand new macbook pro which is running OS El Capitan 10.11.2.

bought my rmx new 4 years ago and it has always worked aok on my old imac. ive now migrated to the new macbook pro and have tried to troubleshoot the issues in the usual ways (eg. reinstalled latest firmware (5v.69) tried with both usb 2.0+3.0 power source; changed usb cables) - but no dice.

Is my OS not compatible with the latest firmware or am i missing something?

Any support would be much appreciated! 

Topic starter

Hi

I have a simliar setup and it has been working. If the lights stop flashing after 5 secs you can then open something like DJ pro and it should work. However, I found after using Logic Pro X and exiting the software, when I connected the RMX controller it just continued to flash. I assume Logic Pro holds some mapping/settings. Turning on and off did not resolve. Overnight in sleep mode did clear the issue. Not found a resolve yet but if you do then please let me know.

Thanks 

Hello,

Please precise your version of Mac OS.
If you have El Capitan, you should move to Mac OS 10.11.4.

Topic starter

Hi All,

I found a solution to RMX work in High Sierra and I not test it, but I think it's working in early OS X.
You don't need an hub powered, just disable System Integrity Protection (rootless) in Mac OS X.

You can found the instructions here:  http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/05/disable-rootless-system-integrity-protection-mac-os-x/

Hope help someone, and good mixes!