TEMATICHE >FORUM UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > [SOLVED] Time code vinyl issues with RMX
Torna alle discussioni RISPONDI

[SOLVED] Time code vinyl issues with RMX

troyski99

13 Messaggi
Inserito il 06/14/13 a 20:00:32
FONTE
UK
So i have set up my turntables to my RMX1 and am having problems.  Every thing works mostly as it should, except, when the turntable is still, the track on VDJ is still jerking backwards and forwards, like somebody is trying to scrath the record in, but as soon as i start the TT again, the track starts to play and operate no problem.  Also on the RMX, it wont let me choose my cue select unless both turntables are spinning? 

In the VDJ config, i am choosing ASIO as the soundcard but i am getting an error message, so i am using the RMX (with the picture of the RMX) as the sound card which i assume is fine.  Please help as i've spent almost a whole day updating drivers and firmware and trying to sort this out and it is driving me bonkers!!

DJ Phatso

4106 Messaggi
Inserito il 06/14/13 a 20:48:21
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
Did you follow the instructions of the VDJ Wiki regarding the configuration of Timecode ?

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/TimeCode%20Config.html

The paragraph that concerns your specific problem is the following:

"The third step is to make sure VirtualDJ can detect when you stop the vinyl.
For this, put your turntable on stop, or lift the arm.
Then, adjust the "Silence" knob, until the gray circle in the center of the first image covers all the area that the noise green signal can reach.
Be careful not to make the gray circle too big. It must still not touch the green circles when the disc is playing.
"

The audio configuration inVDJ should be the following:

- Input : Timecodes

- Output(s): Headphone (if you are using internal mixing, i.e. monitoring from the Rmx) or External Mixer (obviously, if you are going through a mixer).

-Soundcard: DJ Console Rmx

When using timecode (or an external source) VDJ has to work in ASIO (which this configuration actually does), and upon luanch,  you will notice that the Audio Mode in the DJ Console Control Panel switches to ASIO automatically (and back to WDM upon closing). This is perfectly normal.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

troyski99

13 Messaggi
Inserito il 06/16/13 a 14:31:19
FONTE
UK
Worked a treat, thank you and sorry for being such a Div!  I've been a vinyl DJ my whole life and have been resisting technology too long and finally caved in.  Was a complete nightmare for the first 3 months of trying to get the software/hardware sorted (see previous messages regards an RMX2 that i purchased then had to sell for half of what i paid for it) and i almost chucked in the towel, but i'm glad i persisted but couldn't have done it without your help, thanks afgain.

DJ Phatso

4106 Messaggi
Inserito il 06/17/13 a 13:51:41
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
Glad to know your patience and persistance was rewarded.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

troyski99

13 Messaggi
Inserito il 06/20/13 a 10:19:58
FONTE
UK
Hi There, new problem i hope you can help with?  I am now trying to use my CDJ's in the same way as my turntables.  roblem is that the tracks are playing VERY fast and there is a lot of wow and flutter.  I am using Tracktor scratch control dmk2 disc's but in VDJ config there is no option for these cd's.  What am i doing wrong or not doing at all?  All the original setttings from my vinyl set up remain, except i have changed the "phono" to "line" on the back of the RMX.

Thanks

DJ Phatso

4106 Messaggi
Inserito il 06/20/13 a 13:00:34
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
The principle remains the same wether you are sending the timecode signal from a vinyl or a CD. That being said, not all timecode signals are the same and the settings that worked for one type do not necessarily apply to others. You would need to select the appropriate "model" (be it vinyl or CD) from the Vinyl drop menu in the Timecode Setting window.

However, I have a feeling VDJ might yet support the Traktor MK2 format.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team