TEMATICHE >FORUM UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > [SOLVEDJ Console Rmx2/ Configuration/Headphones adaptor ? ??
Torna alle discussioni RISPONDI

[SOLVEDJ Console Rmx2/ Configuration/Headphones adaptor ? ??

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 20:53:02
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello i just bought a Dj Console RMX2 and i really don't get it . It's my frist time in Dj-ing (i make music too) and i don't understand at all what i have to do .

I installed the hercules drivers from CD , i had my own virtualdj/traktor in pc . I still try to make it work . Frist i have a audio system a bit different  .

Here  : http://s17.postimage.org/4323vrd5r/photo.jpg

and 2 small speakers goes out( one have 2 metal buttons just touch -/+ for volume) so i don't have speakers with that type of jack . What i have to do ?

And anyway should at least to work in software the maps but that don't work either . I saw tere it's a Hercules Dj Console RMX mapping but not for rmx 2 i tried to put in on RMX but still don't work .

Another questions is about headphone , i have Solo HD by Dr.Dre but seems the jack don't work i can find an adaptor no ? or i have to buy special headphones to work with it ? Thanks a lot .  

DJ Phatso

4106 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 21:12:59
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
The RMX2 MIDI mapping for Traktor Pro 2 is available from the support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid= 62&pid=308&cid=10

The included document explains how to configure the audio section.

The latest version of VDJ (7.3) include native support for this new controller.

As for the audio connections:

- For your speakers, the cable you have to connect to the Rmx2 Output 1-2 is the same that is currently connected to your computer. You will probably a Minijack to RCA adapter to make the connection.

- As for the headphone, you will simply need a 1/8" to 1/4" jack adapter. 

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 21:19:34
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Um so i put the white cable that i plugin in the laptop in that adaptor  and plugin the white/red into console ?

I have traktor 3 and VDJ 7.0.3 i guess .

DJ Phatso

4106 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 21:24:41
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
Exactly. The audio source will simply be the Rmx2 instead of the computer soundcard.

As for Traktor 3, the audio configuration will be the same as for Traktor Pro 2, but you will have to make your own MIDI mapping.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 21:28:54
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
I'am a bit noob with mapping i'm afraid to  don't do it bad  -.- .. um well i will try to download VCJ last version , if you can give me some links about mapping in traktor/others softs would be awsome . Anyway thanks alot for help.

DJ Phatso

4106 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 21:52:52
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJControl Starlight
  • Universal DJ
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
The best ressource to learn about mapping is obviously the user manual of the software you are planning to use as they each have their own method of working.

For Traktor, you can also look at part 2 and 3 of this site's tutorial:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/09/midi-mapping-pt-2-traktor-control ler-manager/

It is for a more recent version, but the principle is roughly the same, so once you know you way around, you'll be able to adapt. as with everythingnew, follow the rule: save often and make copies you can revert to.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/14/13 a 22:02:36
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Thanks dude :) 

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/15/13 a 19:59:58
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Well i made the console to work in DJUCED and i didn't bought that cable , anyway i will buy it for in anycase if i have to mix somewhere where they have that type of speakers . I just have the white cable in my laptop and the usb connected it works (still i don't have headphones adaptor too) 

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/16/13 a 15:49:24
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Well i bought theese things :

I didn't found how you told me with a female jack to put the normal white cable who make the connection from system to devices , i found one with normal jack like that white one to connect in back there and the white/red to connect in console . Well i made all the settings ( i guess) (the console soundcard as audio soundcard) and i bought this adaptor for headphones the same you told me :

I can hear in headphones but the quality isn't the same as if you put plug the headphones on other devices . Another problem is i hear the both decks on headphones. I tried to change the settings to ASIO4ALL(simple) and my pc soundcard and to use just the white cable from system ...it works but i can't hear nothing on the headphones . So it's like or i can hear just on speakers or just on headphones(shitty sound) . Please help

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/17/13 a 13:40:48
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
The problems about the quality of sounds in  headphones is from the adaptor , i'm gonna go to buy another one . But still i don't know how to configure it in VDJ/DJUCED to be able to listen one DECK on headphones . I also saw your few messages on VDJ forums but still don't work ...

PS : I was to a shop and show the headphones problem with the quality he told me is because the cable i have is with microphone . THAT's FOR ALL DR. DRE BEATS headphones users , if your cable is with microphone buy another one without microphone so it have the same quality using the console as you have using other devices . On the metal cable you can see 3 black lines on the cable with microphone , on the one without microphone you have just 2 (the normal jack)

tecty

9 Messaggi
Inserito il 02/17/13 a 20:46:37
FONTE
France
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
So , i use this configuration , and if i have the crossfader to Deck A , i can hear the Deck B if i have the Headphones button active on console but the problem is the Deck A is also in headphones so on speakers the only playing is Deck A and in headphones the both of Decks , if i put the crossfader to Deck B the music is played on speakers and also on headphones ( with the headphones button active on Deck B) Please someone can help me to figure it out ? I try to find on internet but no help all say  this configuration i have to make and....nothing else . Thanks a lot ..

PS : In the photo where i have the jacks on inputs...yes now i have them on outputs 1-2 , i didn't know so :D