sound of filter on ...

Notifications
Clear all

sound of filter on djuced

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello, ive recently gotten into djing when i borrowed a pioneer ddj-200 from a friend.
after making a lot of comparisons, ive now bought a hercules inpulse 500.
after having installed the djuced software, i think the lpf/hpf standard filter sounds a lot less exciting and deep in comparison to the pioneer ddj-200.

my question: is this linked to software (rekordbox) or to the controller?
is there a way to change the settings of this filter or is this something that would be included in future updates?

id consider switching to serato, but lite doesnt have enough options for me and pro is so expensive...

thank you for your feedback!

Hello hereco...,

The sound of filters or effects is software-built in most Dj controllers under €800 (for Pioneer, I suppose hardware-filter start at DDJ-800 / DDJ-SX3). Hardware processing is not supposed to sound better than software-processing, but it reduces latency. DJC I 500 processed Mic EQ and Aux filter in hardware as on external inputs, software processing would have caused a big latency. 
Controls are responsible for the way one control effects, and the audio interface is responsible for the audio quality (so if you play on the Dj controller built-in audio interface, the controller is responsible for the audio quality, but not for the effect quality).

I am surprised with your finding a major difference in the LPF/HPF, as LPF/HPF filters sounds not so different in my opinion between different DJ apps (other effects or EQs are more differenciated).

1) Have you seen that in Djuced, you control the Filteronly no other effect is engaged on the Filter FX?

2) Do you play with a loud enough audio level, and where to you hear it?
Please check deck vu-meters do not become (= saturated)?
As filter gradually cut frequencies, the best the speakers/headphones response range, the better the filter. 

3) Please describe what you consider as "exciting and deep" in filter which you hear in Rekordbox and not in Djuced.
Which Filter setting/modulation do you use?
What do you do with the Filter?

Please read  https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-software/028913/  and complete your profile as technical questions without technical information make little sense if any:
- computer configuration, CPU, RAM, version of macOS or Windows
- version of Djuced, audio settings in Djuced, audio device if in Windows (WASAPI the ugly or ASIO the pro)
- where do you listen to the sound: speakers & headphones brands, models where are they connected.