hercules inpulse 30...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules inpulse 300 headphone issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, mi problem is that when i connect my headphones to the headphones jack, i cant hear the lows or the sound comes out only from one side, unless i start moving the conector (i have to  tuiput in but not fully in) it has a unique position were i can hear the track properly. ive tried with to headphones and i had the same issue, and my headphones have the normal mini jack conector. can someone help me with this problem? thank you very much

Hello,

In my opinion there is a wrong contact in the headphones connector so if you have tested with other headphones, your Inpulse 300 is defective and you should contact the reseller who sold your this DJControl Inpulse 300 to exchange for another one. It is still under warranty.

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply. My headphones worked perfectly fine with my phone so i wasn't sure where could be the issue but, a friend lend me a pair of headphones an they worked fine in my controller. So do you know if it's possibly that my headphones were not compatible? (I was using my phone headphones, akg from samsung galaxy s8)

Hello,

Sorry, I did not make myself understood: I mean, if the headphones you have tested are OK, that your DJControl Inpulse 300 has a faulty headphones connector, so I do not mean your headphones are defective, I mean the DJControl Inpulse 300 unit you have is probably defective.

But I did not know you were using earphones for mobile phone: DJControl Inpulse 300 headphones output is too powerful for such light earphones. It can work, but the headphones amplifier is too strong on DJControl 300 headphones output, so that it may damage your ears if you turn the headphones volume too loud.

Please use headphones with drivers of 50 of 40mm, otherwise it is too loud. You can use DJ headphones, hifi headphones, Studio headphones as you want, but do not use earphones.  

Topic starter

Hi,
Sorry for being late for this party, I've just bumped into this topic.
I had the exact same issue with my Inpulse 300 and Razer Nari: no bass on the headphones. I tried the cable bundled with the headphones and another one - none of them worked. Those were the 4-pole 3,5mm jack cables - suitable for smartphones since it has a dedicated channel for a mic. I found a Hama 3-pole stereo 3,5mm jack cable and it works perfectly. Apparently the Inpulse 300 doesn't like the smartphone (4-pole) 3,5mm jack. (For me this is not a problem, since I've managed to solve it)

Hello Sityi,

Absolutely right: I have tested connecting my headphones to my Inpulse 300 via a 4-pin 3,5mm jack adapter, and in some position I lost the bass in the headphones, which are OK when connected to Inpulse 300 without going through this 4-pin adapter. 

Topic starter

Update the user manual: don't use 4-pin jack! Wink