Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx console firmware flashing

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

morning all,

thought id start a new post on here, i have had advice and help already on this issue but seem to have got to a point where i am now stuck. my console just stopped working the other week and all symptoms pointed to a corrupt firmware. i followed all instructions to reflash the eeprom chip but cannot get my burner to recognise the chip? all the info on the software is showing unknown and $ff? 

has anyone done this proceedure and if so, which eeprom burner did you use? i have the ch341a one. appears to read the chipm though no info is given, but then when program is clicked, it timesout? is it possible the chip is corrupt somehow? im not that up on electronics.....

many thanks!

Hello,

If you can find in your neighbourhood an electronic repair store, I suggest you pay them a visit with your eeprom and your bin file. Electronic repairmen are used to updating eeprom so they should have a computer and a burner working OK.
Then, once the repair shop has flashed the eeprom, you can install it in your Rmx and check if it works.

Topic starter

@ Maleangel,

Looks like you haven't install the driver for the CH341A on your pc correct. Uninstall and try this again, do this manual as admin (don't let the pc search and install, this doesn't work).

Look at this video: 

There you wil find the software and the drivers to.

Good Luck.