Notifications
Clear all

head phones not working

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i am facing an issue with the headphones, there is no sound coming out of the headphones.
everything was working fine, it just suddenly happend. the settings are well set.

master on outputs 1&2
headphones on outputs 3&4
same settings on tray agent advanced

can you please give me a hand? thanks

Topic starter

By the way i am using Djuced 18 and DJ control instinct S series
and my computer is HP spectre

Hello Samassa,
a) If the headphones have suddenly disappeared, then a Windows update may have replaced the 4-channel settings with a 2-channel setting.
- Right click on the speaker icon in Windows notification area and select Playback devices.
- In the list of playback devices, select "Speakers, Hercules DJControl Instinct" and click on Configure button
- make sure the 4-channel are activated
b) The solution to prevent Windows updates from interfering with the audio is to install DJControl Instinct drivers (today 2018_HDJS_1), and select DJControl Instinct ASIO as audio device in your DJ software.
Topic starter

Hello,

Thank you for your message, i did exactly what you mentionned, it did not work..
When i selected both Full range speakers and clicked test the surround speakers, the test failed, there was no sound

Hello Samassa,
1) In Speakers setup test
Have you checked the headphones volume is not set to zero?
The buttons - and + in the top of the controller set the headphones volume, it is a system control (not a MIDI command), so it works whatever the software, even with the speaker test program.
2) In Djuced 18
Have you, as I suggested in the end of my previous message, loaded the ASIO driver as hereafter?
Topic starter

Hi,

yuup, all that has been checked, everything is in order, The issue might be caused by Windows. However, the speaker set up that you recomended in your first message was done, i slected both full range speakers.But,While testing RL and RR didnt sound. What do you think?

Hello,
1) Please check on DJControl Instinct control panel the "Output channels" 3 and 4 are set normally:
a) Virtual volume fader 3 and 4 not at zero
b) Mute/Unmute icon (below the virtual volume faders 3 and 4) is not barred (mute).
2) It remains possible you meet a hardware problem, even if settings/software issues are more likely.
If your active speakers have a 1/8" jack, can you connect them to your DJControl Instinct headphones output to make sure you have no sound in this output.