Clear all

hercules inpulse 500 disorted sound when plugged in

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i have an inpulse 500 and using it with serato
serato sounds fine but when you plug in the controller the sound quality becomes very bad, distorted sound, especially noticable on the bass... its "dragging behind" sort of or how to describe it. 

here is a sound clip of the disortion, its not only through the controller, but comes through to the recording and everything.
https://streamable.com/7u9xv4

here is how the example track should sound more like (around 50s)

unplugged it sounds fine, can i fix this, what is going on?

i did some testing with my work laptop (not something i can switch to, just for testing)

serato pro 5.2.6 on my profile computer, without controller  = sounds good
serato pro 5.2.6 on my profile computer, inpulse 500         = disorted, unusable
serato pro 5.2.6 on laptop, without controller                    = sounds good
serato pro 5.2.6 on laptop, inpulse 500                            = sounds good

i need it to work on the my profile computer.

more computer info:

asus pro gamer 97
16gb ram
i7
760gtx
beyerdynamic dt 770 pro headphones

windows 10.
serato pro 2.5.6

drivers:
djherculesmix production series drivers, guillemot corporation. 1.hdjs.2020
realtek high definition audio driver, realtek semiconductor corp. 6.0.1.7581

d.202

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Please check
1)  on both computers (the laptop with good audio and the Gamer tower with bad issue) the default audio resolution of the computer built-in audio: 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz)? 
DJControl Inpulse 500 has a 44.1kHz 24-bit audio resolution, so I wonder whether the audio issue you hear on the Gamer tower may be related to an adjustment between 2 different audio resolutions.

2) if you get the same audio issue when you connect between the computer and the Inpulse 500 a USB hub which has a power adapter?
This test is to isolate a possible audio disturbance in the USB bus power of the computer. 

3) if you get the same audio issue
a) in Djuced, in selecting as audio device:
- DJControl Inpulse 500 WASAPI
- DJControl Inpulse 500 ASIO
b) in Serato DJ Lite.

Thanks.

Topic starter

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Please check
1)  on both computers (the laptop with good audio and the Gamer tower with bad issue) the default audio resolution of the computer built-in audio: 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz)? 
DJControl Inpulse 500 has a 44.1kHz 24-bit audio resolution, so I wonder whether the audio issue you hear on the Gamer tower may be related to an adjustment between 2 different audio resolutions.

2) if you get the same audio issue when you connect between the computer and the Inpulse 500 a USB hub which has a power adapter?
This test is to isolate a possible audio disturbance in the USB bus power of the computer. 

3) if you get the same audio issue
a) in Djuced, in selecting as audio device:
- DJControl Inpulse 500 WASAPI
- DJControl Inpulse 500 ASIO
b) in Serato DJ Lite.

Thanks.

Hi thank you,

My bad it seems the disortion is there on the laptop with Serato pro aswell. 

1) I'm not sure if I am doing this correct? if I click the device(inpulse500) in windows sound mixer and go advanced it Default format: 24bit, 44100kHz. It's the same in both, on my PC speakers it said 48000, changing it to 41kHz did nothing.

2) I am not sure what you mean witha USB hub power adapter or how to test this. I have back USB ports and front USB 2.0 and 3.0 I have tested different ones same result.

3)
a) DJUCED also seems work fine (both WASAPI and ASIO)
b) Serato Lite sounds ok, works fine (on both laptop and tower PC)

But I find these programs to be lacking in other ways.
hmm.. it's so weird that Lite sounds ok but Pro is broken, what could it be?

Hello,

1) Please confirm if you hear this bad audio in the master output (speakers), not only in the headphones output.

2) My question on connecting a USB hub was using an external USB hub, as this one

but this question is no longer relevant if you get a good audio in Djuced and Serato Lite.

3) Regarding the audio resolution question, can you try set the computer audio resolution to 44.1 kHz, then reboot the computer, then start Serato without DJControl Inpulse 500 connected, and check whether the audio quality is bad or good whel playing on the computer built-in audio.

Hello Drixinthemix,

Please check if you still hear this distorsion in Serato if you uncheck "Use laptop speakers" in Serato settings:
Serato Settings > Audio > Audio Output: uncheck Use Laptop Speakers.