Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 06/27/19 a 18:28:07
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
Good Day Everyone

I have a Herculer DJ console Mk 2
The Console's right side Jog wheel is broken.
Being an electronic tech I would like to repair the console myself.
I have open the console and found the wheel have slots and an IR LED and photo Transistor is "counting" slots in the wheel.

I have measured the LED and transistor and its seems to be OK
I would like to trace the pulses from the photo transister through the rest of the circuitry.
Would anyone happen to have a circuit diagram this  console.
It would make the repair much easier

Thanks in advance

"...Last night..A DJ saved my life..."

User Experience Team

930 Mensajes
Publicado el 06/28/19 a 09:12:43
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
Hello Janlandy,

It cannot be posted on the public pages of the forum but if you accept my invitation here to use the forum private messaging system, I can send it via the forum private messaging if you agree to keep this diagram for you only.

As there are 2 versions of top printed circuit boards, please let me know whether the microcontroller of the top printed board is a Cypress CY8C26643 or a Welltrend WT6563F?

Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 06/28/19 a 14:21:32
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
Thank you for your reply
The processor on the top PCB is a  Welltrend WT6563F

User Experience Team

930 Mensajes
Publicado el 06/28/19 a 15:05:58
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
Hello Janlandy,

Thank you, I have sent you the files I have in a private message.

1) You have 2 photo transistors per wheel and placing the photo transistors at the proper height the PCB is a bit difficult, so make sure they are at the proper height compared to the jog wheel teeth:
- when the sensor is placed too low, the teeth of the jog wheel do not cut the photodetection area, and the photosensor does not "see" anything,
- when the sensor is placed too high, the teeth may turn below the photo transistor detection area, so that the photosensor "sees" the jog wheel continuous body instead of detecting the succession of teeth and empty areas.

2) Some units of Omron EE-SX1041 do not always operate at the voltage as DJ Console MK2 circuit delivers a higher voltage than Omron specifications, so we had to sort out 10% of the EE-SX1041 units before soldering them as some units were not stable at this voltage, so if you change the EE-SX1041 components, you may also meet this issue.

Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 06/28/19 a 16:39:44
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
Thank you very much for the files and valuable information.
I appreciate it a lot.
I will post the outcome of this repair and hope that this will help other people with the same issue.

thanks again

Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 07/11/19 a 14:19:36
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
Good day

My model does not have the OMRON EE-SX1041 Slotted optical switch. Mine has a seperate IR LED and seperate Photo transistor. Do you perhaps know the actual component numbers of the LED and Photo transistor?

Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 07/11/19 a 14:22:10
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
in addision to my previous post the photo transistor is OPT2 and the IR LED is LED 16

Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 07/11/19 a 15:53:24
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
After further investigation I have found that the diagram is different to my DJ panel
From the Photo Transistor OPT2 on the  right Jog wheel the signal goes thru Transistors Q11 and Q12 before it goes to main processor..
From the Photo Transistor OPT1 on the  left  Jog wheel the signal goes thru Transistors Q6 and Q7 before it goes to main processor..
I have found transistor Q12 is faulty

Can you please help with the component number of the Transistor Q12?

Janlandy

17 Mensajes
Publicado el 07/12/19 a 13:56:47
South...
  • DJ Console MK2
  • VirtualDJ®
This is a brief summary in the hope that this can help somebody.
SYMPTOMS:  The Hercules DJ Console MK2 jog heel (Right) started to give problems.
Its  operation was intermittend and ,at the end stops  completely 

REPAIR: I opened the unit and checked the Jog wheel operation.
The Jog wheel is slotted at the bottom (PCB side) and it "cuts" and infra red transmitter /receiver beam in  order to give pulses to the PCB  to operate.
I firstly inspected the IR Led and receiver but that seems to be okey.(The height from PCB is very importend-check previous postings)
I swopped the IR LED and IR  receiver from right to left side to determine if they are faulty.

I further traced the tracks to a faulty transistor which I replaced with a general purpose one.
I was lucky...it worked