hercules rmx flashi...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx flashing lights (not recognised)

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

good morning forum.
i believe i have a firmware problem where the rmx wont install even the drivers.. but i shall briefly explain.

purchased the rmx off ebay from a seller saying it wasnt working (i thought it would be his lack of understandng of pc drivers)

got the rmx and, wth a fresh laptop (windows 7 build), installed the latest 2015 hercules drivers. the rmx flashed several blue buttons and  get usb device not recognised - thought i could force the driver by directing the pc straight at the hercules driver install, but windows insists that it is not recognised.

i tried forum suggestions like - use a usb powered hub (nope), tried turning off windows usb power management (nope), tried different usb sockets and other windows computers with different builds - xp throught to 10 (nope), found the hercules pdf about bios update using the mic on/off hold (nope), but again the issue is that rmx has to be recognised by the pc first and it isnt doing so. its always, not matter what ive tried, come up as usb device not recognised and the keys just flash blue...

i now believe, after reading these forums that the owner before me has tried and failed to flash the bios and screwed it up so that the unit itself dosnt know what to tell a pc what it is to be able to load a specific driver. i have opened up the underside of the rmx, found the bios chip and would like to flash it manually using the usb programmer method. im an engineer and dont have a problem doing this, but i need the bios file that a user called maxdjack seems to have.

could anyone help me out? thanks πŸ™‚

Topic starter

Does anyone have the Hercules RMX eeprom file? Please get in touch.
thanks Γ°ΕΈΛœβ‚¬ 

Topic starter

Hi,
dj phatso,  I've been told that you may be able to help me out with the eeprom bios file for the RMX.
Ive a usb programmer on its way to me and I'd really appreciate any help you could give.

thanks,

(Loving this forum!)

Topic starter

hey unfortunately dont have solution for you but would like to piggy back off the combo as i'm having similiar blinking lights/non-detection between my rmx and new macbroo pro w/retina. troubleshooted it in all obvious ways but nothings working.