bad sound 1/4 conne...

Notifications
Clear all

bad sound 1/4 connectors

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

sup guys.. i just bought a rmx console.. works fine with vdj limited, the one thatcomes with hercules, then i installed the vdj pro 5.0. so.. when i tried to connect the console with 1/4 cables i realized that the sound changed, like underwater or something... so.. i wondering wut to do, cause works fine with rca cables...
so is that a problem of the console or vdj?.........
bah!...frown
thanks!

3 Answers
Topic starter

That's strange, some users say the sound is much louder with them outputs

3 Answers

Beside the cables type , what is different in your setup ? Are you connected to the same speakers or  mixer?

There is indeed a different in output between the RCA and 1/4". The first is at -10dBv ( same type you find on most consumer device like CD player or DVD), and the 1/4" output at +4dBu ( for professional level devices). 

3 Answers

Hello Sebastien Cls,

1) DJ Console Rmx jack 1/4 output plugs are mono plugs, not stereo, so have you checked you actually use a mono cable on each output ?

2) You should also check VirtualDJ advanced settings: VirtualDJ Pro gives you much more options than VirtualDJ DJC to set the sound, so maybe you have a badly unsupported setting in VirtualDJ Pro.

3 Answers
Topic starter

thats strange, some users say the sound is much louder with them outputs

Topic starter

beside the cables type , what is different in your setup ? are you connected to the same speakers or  mixer?

there is indeed a different in output between the rca and 1/4". the first is at -10dbv ( same type you find on most consumer device like cd player or dvd), and the 1/4" output at +4dbu ( for professional level devices). 

Topic starter

hello sebastien cls,

1) dj console rmx jack 1/4 output plugs are mono plugs, not stereo, so have you checked you actually use a mono cable on each output ?

2) you should also check virtualdj advanced settings: virtualdj pro gives you much more options than virtualdj djc to set the sound, so maybe you have a badly unsupported setting in virtualdj pro.