help me please?

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello, im new to the forum.

i have recently purchased
- the hercules dj console mk2 with vdj,
- a laptop with intel duo core with 1.73ghz processor and 2g ram.
its all set and everything is installed.

problem is when playing tracks and mixing, the tracks seem to be slowing down and it is almost impossible to beat mix.

has anybody any idea why this would be happening?
there are no other applications running, and the processor should be capable of running this am i right?
i am on windows vista if that makes any difference?
would be very greatful if someone could shed some light on this for me... cheers

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hi, have u downloaded to the recent driver?

6 Answers
Topic starter

Well on Monday night passed there I really only got it configured properly as I didnt realise you had to be using  ASIO, I was doin it with my dad ( alot more knowledgeable and competent with comp than myself ) and i popped downstairs for a second and when i returned he said he had downloaded the latest drivers for the Hercules as it says in the booklet you should be updating it every once in a while so i take it they must be the most recent ones.
Can you think of anything else it might be? Thanks

6 Answers

Hello Blue Baron,

Please check which version of VirtualDJ you have.
If you are under Vista, you should use VirtualDJ DJC release 3.4.1.
If your version of VirtualDJ is older, you can update your VirtualDJ version by downloading VirtualDJ DJC 3.4.1 on http://www.virtualdj.com (you just need to register with the VirtualDJ DJC serial number sticked on the enveloppe of your installation CD).

6 Answers
Topic starter

Hey M.I.B, the VDJ I have came with the Hercules MK2 and there was no envelope so I didnt have a serial no. I had a version of VDJ before and just used the serial no. it had. I am at work and not to sure what version i have but its the version that comes with the Hercules MK2 if that helps?

6 Answers

Hello Blue Baron,

1) On the label of the installation CD of the DJ Console MK2, there is the release number of the installation CD.
If the CD release is 3.1, (on the CD image it is written "For MS-Windows Vista 32-bit"), then your version of VirtualDJ DJC is 3.4.1, and you need no update of VirtualDJ DJC.
If it is an earlier version, then you may have an older version of VirtualDJ DJC which is not so well supported by Vista, and it may explain the bug you meet, so connecting on VirtualDJ website to upgrate to VirtualDJ DJC 3.4.1 release should solve your problem.

2) If you bought a brand new DJ Console MK2, you should have a VirtualDJ DJC serial number so you should contact Hercules tech support on to ask this serial number, you can contact them on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email and on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact (they will probably ask you a proof of your purchase).
If you bought a second hand DJ Console MK2, then it is not surprising you have no serial number, and the tech support may not send you for free a serial number, but you can ask what they propose.

6 Answers
Topic starter

I bought it brand new so they should be able to give me one. I will get on to them and see what they say. Well thank you for your help and I shall post the outcome as im sure I wont be the only person to encounter this problem. Cheers

6 Answers
Topic starter

hi, have u downloaded to the recent driver?

Topic starter

well on monday night passed there i really only got it configured properly as i didnt realise you had to be using  asio, i was doin it with my dad ( alot more knowledgeable and competent with comp than myself ) and i popped downstairs for a second and when i returned he said he had downloaded the latest drivers for the hercules as it says in the booklet you should be updating it every once in a while so i take it they must be the most recent ones.
can you think of anything else it might be? thanks

Topic starter

hello blue baron,

please check which version of virtualdj you have.
if you are under vista, you should use virtualdj djc release 3.4.1.
if your version of virtualdj is older, you can update your virtualdj version by downloading virtualdj djc 3.4.1 on http://www.virtualdj.com (you just need to register with the virtualdj djc serial number sticked on the enveloppe of your installation cd).

Topic starter

hey m.i.b, the vdj i have came with the hercules mk2 and there was no envelope so i didnt have a serial no. i had a version of vdj before and just used the serial no. it had. i am at work and not to sure what version i have but its the version that comes with the hercules mk2 if that helps?

Topic starter

hello blue baron,

1) on the label of the installation cd of the dj console mk2, there is the release number of the installation cd.
if the cd release is 3.1, (on the cd image it is written "for ms-windows vista 32-bit"), then your version of virtualdj djc is 3.4.1, and you need no update of virtualdj djc.
if it is an earlier version, then you may have an older version of virtualdj djc which is not so well supported by vista, and it may explain the bug you meet, so connecting on virtualdj website to upgrate to virtualdj djc 3.4.1 release should solve your problem.

2) if you bought a brand new dj console mk2, you should have a virtualdj djc serial number so you should contact hercules tech support on to ask this serial number, you can contact them on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email and on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact (they will probably ask you a proof of your purchase).
if you bought a second hand dj console mk2, then it is not surprising you have no serial number, and the tech support may not send you for free a serial number, but you can ask what they propose.

Topic starter

i bought it brand new so they should be able to give me one. i will get on to them and see what they say. well thank you for your help and i shall post the outcome as im sure i wont be the only person to encounter this problem. cheers