9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

i am having a slight issues and looking for a bit of advice please

i have a hercules rmx / traktor x1 and the kaoss pad kp3 runnimg traktor pro

my set up is as follows

rmx out put into the kp3 input and then the output of the kp3 to my speakers . thatrs all fine, sound works and i can sample add effects using the kp3.

problem is when i record sets, obviously the sampling form the kp3 is not picked up on the recording through traktor as the sound has left that before it gets to the kp3

can some advice from their experience the best set up i could use so i can record the set with the sampling from the kp3 also, the kp3 is also connected to my laptop through usb, is there a software i could use to record the sound through usb as it leaves the kp3

or do i have to invest in an external s/c

regards

john 

3 Answers

This mixer would work fine with the Rmx or any other DJ soundcard.

A lot of people are using this model, which for the price, is hard to beat as far as features are concerned. 

3 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks Phatso ... you are always there with an answer

So we will leave it at this if you can answer

I assume I can connect the  DDM4000 directly to the RMX and use that to mix, using the soundcard on the RMX ... the RMX will still be connected to the PC and speakers obviously .....

3 Answers

What was your idea of "flexibility" regarding the use of a mixer exactly ?

- Do you simply want to use the DDM400 as a mixer for multiple sources (the Rmx, a CD player, a turntable)?

In this cas, the the DDM400 will have to come between the Rmx and your speakers.

- Do you intend to use the MIDI function of the DDM4000 to control your DJ software (and keep the Rmx as a soundcard)?

In this case, you will first need a MIDI interface with DIN 5 connectors so the DDM can talk to the software.

Then you will need to configure it consequently, and connections may vary (although your speakers will always be outputing from the DDM)

It may be a good idea to read the manual before making your purchase to get a good idea of the possibilities.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DDM4000.aspx

3 Answers
Topic starter

Sorry for the delay getting back Phatso ....

Actually I have knocked on the head getting an external mixer, in reality the RMX does everything I need well

I am actually going to get an external sampler

I was looking at the Kontrol X1 but that apparently dont work with VDJ ....

Could you recommend one mate .....

3 Answers

The Kontrol X1 is a controller for Traktor or other softwares.

By external sampler, you mean something like this:

http://www.akaipro.com/mpc500

3 Answers
Topic starter

learn more here

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello johnny4b,

korg kaoss pad 3 is not an usb audio peripheral (it is usb midi + usb storage), so you cannot record on the computer via its usb connector. 
the simplest solution in my opinion would be to connect the audio output of kaoss pad 3 to the computer built in sound card line input, and record it (either you duplicate kp3 dual rca line output and connect 1 stereo out to the computer line in, or you connect kp3 headphones output to the computer line in) and you record the line input in another software than traktor, as wavosaur. i suggest you record only in wav, and compress in mp3 afterwards, rather than recording directly in mp3.
if, instead of full sets, you want just to record short samples, korg kaoss pad 3 resampling command lets you record on kp3 internal memory or sd card the short sounds. 

Topic starter

hello johnny4b,

kaoss pad 3 is not a usb audio device (it is usb midi + usb storage), so you cannot record on your computer via kaoss pad 3 usb connector, so the solution is to record the output of the kaoss pad 3 via an audio cable plugged on the kp3 output.

if your laptop built-in sound card has a line input, you can connect kp3 audio output (either the dual rca output, or the headphones output) to the stereo line input of your computer, and record the mix with a software as wavosaur.
to have no conflict between your computer built in sound card and the rmx built in sound card, you can
- install asio4all,
- set asio4all to use the computer built in sound card intputs and outpus,
- run traktor with dj console rmx asio drivers,
- run wavosaur with asio4all drivers.

i suggest to record in wav rather than mp3 to save cpu processing, you can compress wav files in mp3 afterwards.

if you want to record often your audio performance (it is a complicated to run 2 real time audio software at the same time), you can also invest in a pocket recorder, a simple solution whose price is close from the price of an audio interface with good recording abilities.

Topic starter

hi maxdjack

thanks for the response

currently i have the line out of the kp3 directly going to my speakers, thats obviously form the output directly to the speakers, the speakers are not connected to my laptop

so, in reality, if i am reading correctly, i need to put something between my kp3 to record

so the setup i would be looking for is

rmx (line out) to the kp3 (line in)

kp3 (line out) to a recording device* 

recording device (line out) to my speakers

that would make sense .....

* can you suggest such a device

regards & thanks

john