TEMAS >FORO UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > DJ CONSOLE DOESN'T WORK ON MAC OS 10.12.6
Volver a los temas RESPONDER

DJ CONSOLE DOESN'T WORK ON MAC OS 10.12.6

harrystew

3 Mensajes
Publicado el 02/15/18 a 22:16:02
UK
I have a macbook pro MD313B/A and I've plugged in the DJ Console, downloaded the latest software and gone to the updater as previously advised to do so on another topic.
When plugging in the DJ console, it flashes for a few times and then all lights go.
The console is detected by USB as it is shown in the system report from about my mac.
The updater shows nothing is connected but it is definitely plugged in.
Please can someone help get this console working with my mac?! thanks

User Experience Team

1494 Mensajes
Publicado el 02/16/18 a 09:22:49
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Harry,

Welcome on the forum.

Please precise your model of DJ Console (Mk2, Mk4, Rmx, 4-Mx, Rmx2).

If you have the first version, DJ Console 1 (often called DJ Console Mk1) as follows

Then you must check if it is a Mac version, with a blue logo (If it is a Windows version, with a green DJ Console logo, it is not Mac compatible).

harrystew

3 Mensajes
Publicado el 02/18/18 a 14:14:13
UK
Ahh it’s a windows version 😩 so there’s nothing I can do??

thanks 

User Experience Team

1494 Mensajes
Publicado el 02/19/18 a 10:39:08
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Harry,

The DJ Console Mk1 was not a Windows/Mac unit, it was either a Windows or a Mac version, so if you have the Windows version, you can use it as a sound card in Mac, but not as a control surface as it sends not MIDI commands.

It may be possible to turn a DJ Console Mk1 Windows unit into a Mac unit in changing the firmware in the eeprom, which requires disassambling the controller, removing the eeprom, and burning it in an eeprom burner, but I have never done it. If you feel capable of doing it, let me know, I can check if I can get the .bin file of DJ Console Mk1 Mac.

harrystew

3 Mensajes
Publicado el 02/19/18 a 17:33:54
UK
Yes I could try that, might aswell give it a go! Thank you!

User Experience Team

1494 Mensajes
Publicado el 02/21/18 a 10:34:46
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello,

I have sent you a private message here with a link to download the firmware for DJ Console Mk1 Mac.