Notifications
Clear all

doubts

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello, i would like to use the dj control impulse 200 with traktor pro and i have a katana soundbar v. 1, but i cant hear headphones. i also saw another topic that talked about connecting the soundbar to the console output but not only i dont hear the headphones but also the traktor effects despite having downloaded the midi mapping to make it recognized by the program. can you help me please? thanks for the reply

Hello DJ Giampy,

Welcome to the forum.

1)  Please complete your technical profile as described on 
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-hardware/028386/
as knowing the user configuration is always needed to understand any technical issue.  

2) As you do not describe what you connect where it is uneasy to guess what you do.

You should

a) connect DJControl Inpulse 200 master output to Katana soundbar Aux input, with a dual RCA male to 3.5mm stereo male cable as  https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=vp_d_pbao_TIER3_trans_lp_B000068O5H_pd

b) connect the headphones to DJControl Inpulse 200 headphones output.
c) and, in your version of Traktor, choose DJControl Inpulse 200 ASIO as audio device in case your computer operates in Windows 10 or 11 and you have installed Hercules DJ drivers.

Topic starter

Hi, thank you for your answer. I have already bought this cable and I attached it to the input of the Sound Blaster Katana and following your instructions I hear the headphones but I don't hear the audio from the speakers. I also set the parameters with the asio driver you suggested but the audio from the speakers is nothing, am I doing something wrong??? Thank you

Hello,

As nobody has seen the audio settings and routing of DJControl Inpulse 200 in your Traktor configurration or which cable is connected where, so :
- please either describe it these settings,
- or make screenshots of the audio settings.

Enclosed are Traktor audio settings with DJControl Inpulse 200

1) Audio Setup
Audio Device: DJControl Inpulse 200 ASIO (ASIO)

2) Output Routing
Mixer mode: Internal
Output Monitor: DJControl Inpulse 200 Out 3 & 4
Output Master: DJControl Inpulse 200 Out 1 & 2

The forum efficiency depends on your providing clear and detailed technical information, so please also describe where your audio cable is connected (for example: from DJControl Inpulse 200 Master output RCA connectors to your speaker 3.5mm jack Aux input).

Topic starter
Hi, below are the screenshots of my current configuration, specifying that this is the only way I hear the sound from the external soundbar but, as I said, not the headphones. I connected a 3.5 rca jack cable from the impulse 200 output to the aux input
of the soundblaster, but nothing happens even when changing the channel to aux of the soundblaster. Could it be that the cable I bought doesn't fit? thanks for the courtesy.

Hello,

Sorry but as long as you set your 2.1 speakers as Traktor audio device, you should expect the DJ controller headphones output to play any sound.

To get sound in your DJ audio outputs, you need to set the DJ controller audio as audio device in Traktor.

I do not know the SoundBlaster X Katana, but if it plays no sound when you connect the DJ controller master output in Katana aux input then you should do what any one does to set sound on a new device, test first with a reference audio source:

1) Find an audio source you are sure is playing sound, as a smartphone with 1/8" jack output or an MP3 player,

2) Connect it to the complicated device, the Katana aux input

3) Check if you can hear the sound, and try Katana sound menu unteil it play sound,

4) then once you have finally get sound on Katana, connect your other audio source, the DJControl Inpulse 200 master output to the Katana Aux input, check if you can hear the sound and look in the DJ software menus until you hear sound in Katana.