djuced-how to adjus...

Notifications
Clear all

djuced-how to adjust the beat grid of a transition track

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys, i am using the latest version of djuced on my macbook pro with my hercules inpulse 200. i was wondering how to change the beat grid and bpm on a track that changes bpm throughout the song (transition track from bpm supreme.com). i want the djuced software to recognize the change in bpm and i want the software to change the displayed bpm while the transition track is playing so that mixing becomes more harmonic and easier.

is it even possible to do so in djuced. i know that other softwares have this feature.

i know that dj phatso mentioned this process in one of his messages. he mentioned that the video released by djuced on youtube showed how to do this but i didnt really find any explanation for transition tracks.

would really appreciate if someone could show me how to do it.
//jacob 

Topic starter

Hello,

For now DJUCED doesn't support multiple BPM or variable BPM automatic detection.

I know the team is still looking for something that can 'really' work. 

Anyway, I'll report that a "manual" workaround should be studied.

Thanks for your input, it will probably help to improve DJUCED in the future.

Topic starter

Ok, thank you for your reply. Could you give me a tip on how to organize my transition tracks? Which bpm value should I use if a track for example starts on 128 bpm and transitions to 90 bpm. Should I use 128 or 90? Or are transition tracks useless in Djuced since the software is missing this feature?

Hello,

I would tag the track at the BPM rate of the Cue in point, as to introduce the track, its BPM rate at the start is the valide BPM rate. If the BPM changes afterwards, I will notice this BPM change while the change is happening.

Topic starter

Hello,

For now DJUCED doesn't support multiple BPM or variable BPM automatic detection.

I know the team is still looking for something that can 'really' work. 

Anyway, I'll report that a "manual" workaround should be studied.

Thanks for your input, it will probably help to improve DJUCED in the

Hello,
It's been about a year and half since this message; are there any estimates on how long would it take for this feature to be ready? Maybe a manual beat detection, for starters?
I think this is a bery useful feature and I can feel its absence.

Hello,

I just talked with Djuced team software leader: the team has studied this direction and they are not close from supporting multiple BPMs in 1 track as it would not be the same software since the BPM is not only used in the beatgrid and in the synchronisation, but also in the looping, FX engine, sampler quantization so it is no longer the same software.

The automatic beatgrid adjustment with 2 BPMs is not great with today's runtimes to calculate transients (as instead of calculating 1 BPM, the transient must recognize each break), but that is only a part of the work, the biggest part is to find how to handle 2 BPMs, or more than 2.

The difficulty is not to calculate a second BPM (one may calculate the second BPM fast with the tap command), the difficulty is to handle 2 BPMs for a track while the standard commands in DJing are made for 1 BPM instead of 2, as the audio tag BPM of the track, the FX engine, the instant loop automation or the sampler quantization.