no sound card/faile...

Notifications
Clear all

no sound card/failed to initialize asio driver

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have been using the hercules dj control air for a while now. i have been using virtual dj 2020 to practice djing. everything was okay until today when i opened vdj a message popped up saying no sound card-failed to initialize asio driver. its the first time this has happened. the controller seems to be working but no sound through the speakers.i checked the audio panel in the settings. under the hardware tab, the option that says external mixer/hercules dj control air have disappeared. also under outputs there is no option to select (speakers) or (headphones)hercules dj control air.i tried factory data reset,re installing vdj, re installing hercules drivers from the dvd that came with the controller,installing asio driver v 2.0, nothing seems to fix the problem. please help! 🙁  

Hello,

Happy New Year.

1) In your profile (Describe your Equipment field), it would be very useful to precise your Windows operating system, and your version of VirtualDJ 2020.
If you have Windows 10, I suggest you do not use an old driver delivered on DJControl Air installation CD but instead use today's drivers, 2019_HDJS_1 Windows driver package, you can download this driver package on Hercules Support website here
https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolair-en/

2) When you started VirtualDJ, did it detect the DJControl Air connected and display the following message:

New device detected
You just plugged in a Hercules DJControl Air.
This controller is already configured for VirtualDJ (...)
The device has a soundcard. Do you wantto use it?
Did you click on "Use soundcard" key and "OK" afterwards.

I do not understand the settings you talk about, here are the setting you should use:

Outputs = SPEAKER+HEADPHONES
Hardware = HERCULES DJCONTROL AIR

Outputs
Master = Hercules DJ Control Air ASIO (ASIO) Output 1 & 2
Headphones = Hercules DJ Control Air ASIO (ASIO) Output 3 & 4

Topic starter

It did detect my controller the first time I connected it to my pc. I'm on a ASUS A555L laptop running on Windows 10(64 bit).After i reset VDJ to default, it showed the "New Device Detected" message again, I did choose to Use the soundcard on the controller. But when i go to settings->audio, under the Hardware tab, "Hercules DJ Control AIR" doesnt show like in the Screenshot you provided(It did when i first started using VDJ, but not anymore). And under the Outputs(the one where we could select the channel for output) there is no option to select Hercules DJ Control (ASIO). I tried reinstalling the Hercules driver from the link you provided, didnt work.

Hello,

Here are some possible explanations: 

1) USB port conflict:
- please disconnect any USB device from the computer, keep just the DJ Control Air and see if the situation remains the same (I had once a similar issue because the USB mouse was short-cutting the USB chain): the mouse still worked, but nothing else could work on USB. Removing the mouse solved everything

2) Too low USB bus power:
- on DJControl Air control panel,, in the Main section, disable the proximity sensor to see if it changes anything

- if it changes anything, then change the USB port or try to connect the DJ Control Air to a USB hub which has a power supply

3) Defective DJ Control Air: I see no reason why it happened, by it can happen so to test if this is the problem, try the DJ Control Air on another computer.

4) USB audio conflict:
- make sure you have not installed an old Logitech webcam with an embedded microphone. If you did, disconnect the Logitech webcam and uninstall its drivers
- ASIO4ALL: if you installed ASIO4ALL, or another virtual audio driver on the computer, go in the virtualDJ audio driver and remove DJControl Air Audio from its setting. I installed once a driver called ASIO4Vestax and nothing else could work in USB audio afterwards, and I had to remove this software manually from the Windows registry base to recover a fully functional USB audio process in Windows.

Topic starter

i tried everything you said. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Do you think my controller's defective? It worked just fine for 4 months. :/

Topic starter

My controller started working again 😀 Recently i expanded my RAM and ran a bunch of driver update softwares to speed up my pc. Then i thought why not give it one last try to see if the controller would work and woila! Thank you team user experience team for not helping me out. You guys are the best! Smile