Notifications
Clear all

djuced / mapping

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i use several midi controllers for home studio, impulse 300 is one of them, and i wonder if i can make a better use of djuced.

what i try
remap impulse 300 in djuced and add other controllers (push, keyboards).

what i want to remap
id prefer other pad modes
- default: hot cue, loop, sample, fx
- secondary: hot cue edit, grid edit, sample edit, fx edit
and change the pads process
- pads 1 to 4= play the function (hot cue, loop, sample, fx)
- pads 5 to 8= remove/exit function (delete cue point, exit loop, stop sample, stop fx)

questions
djuced has no mapping menu, i find no information to edit xml mapping files and no djuced user forum, so
- where are guidelines to edit djuced xml mapping file?
- is there a djuced forum anywhere?
- is there a website to download additional djuced mapping files?
- do you know if djuced plan to release a public version with a midi mapping menu?
- can djuced support a vst plugin to map midi controls? if yes, which one? or can djuced support mapping files written by dedicated utilities e.g mykits  http://www.l-and-l.net/mykits.html graphic midi mapping  http://global-dj.com/products/graphic-midi-mapping-free-software/ cmdr  https://github.com/taktraum/cmdr midi translator  https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator .

Hello Yassssss,

Welcome on the forum, and thank you for your suggestions.

Djuced has no MIDI mapping function today, but it is planned, Djuced is still a young software.
Once the mapping function is developped, Djuced website will add a download section to host additional & alternate mappings.

In the meantime, we are open to all your suggestions to check if we can release an alternate mapping covering some of the features you look for. Djuced future features depend on users feedback and suggestions.

You may contact Djuced team via
- this forum: I forward your messages to Djuced team
- Djuced facebook account 

Topic starter
Hello Yassssss,
Thank you very much for your interest in DJUCED and mapping functions.

Because you seem to be pretty good with our software, I sent you a "friend invitation" so I'll be able to send you by private message our mail address (reserved for alpha/beta testing communication).

Topic starter

Hi UX Team & Victo,

Thanks for both posts, I have accepted the invitation.

Thank you Yassssss,

I have a few questions on the secondary edit modes:

1) Hot cue edit
As in the main Hot Cue mode already lets you delete 4 cue points, what do you want to do in the Hot Cue edit mode?

2) Grid edit
Please precise how you would like to edit the grid on 8 pads.

3) Sample edit
Please describe how you would like to edit the samples on 8 pads

4) FX edit
Please describe how you would like to edit the FX on 8 pads.

I'd prefer other pad modes
- default: Hot Cue, Loop, Sample, FX
- secondary: Hot Cue edit, Grid Edit, Sample Edit, FX Edit
and change the pads process
- pads 1 to 4= play the function (hot cue, loop, sample, FX)
- pads 5 to 8= remove/exit function (delete cue point, exit loop, stop sample, stop FX)
Topic starter
Hi,

I wanna use pads secondary mode to prepare tracks, while pads main mode is for performance.

Hot Cue Edit
Mode to place cue points
- Pads 1 to 4= place cue points 1 to 4
and pads 5 to 8 browse in the track
- if Djuced detects verse & chorus, then Pad 5=1st beat in 1st chorus or verse / Pad 6= jump backward to previous verse/chorus 1st beat / Pad 7=jump forward to next chorus/verse 1st beat / Pad 8=re-rank hot cue 1,2,3,4 according to the timeline
- if Djuced cannot detect verse & chorus, then Pad 5= 1st beat in Intro / Pad 6= 1st beat post intro / Pad 7= last beat before outro / Pad 8=re-rank hot cue 1,2,3,4 according to the timeline

Grid Edit
Pad 1=1st beat (downbeat) / Pad 2=2nd beat / Pad 3=3rd beat / Pad 4=4th beat: Djuced adjusts the grid and calculates the BPM with this info.
Pad 5=slow rewind / Pad 6=very slow rewind / Pad 7=very slow forward / Pad 8=slow forward
Pad 5 to 8 autorepeat when pads remain pressed down

Sample Edit
- Pads 1 to 4= load the selected audio file on sample slot 1 to 4.
- Pad 5=stretch-unstretch sample length on the length of the longest sample / Pad 6=set starting playback position in sample / Pad 7=set last playback position in sample / Pad 8=set playback mode of sample: loop or 1 shot

FX Edit
- Pads 1 to 4=load selected FX in FX slot 1 to 4
- Pad 5=go to 1st line in FX list / Pad 6=move 1 line up in FX list/ Pad 7=move 1 line down is FX list /Pad 8=go to last line of FX list
Pad 6 & 7 autorepeat when pads remain pressed down