Notifications
Clear all

djuced mono split in headphones

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
in the djuced audio output settings there is a mono checkbox.
when i click it there are options to send as mono or left/right to any channel.

unfortunately, when i select mono, there is no output on headphones output of the dj controller, hercules universal dj.
whether i select 1/2 or 3/4 as mono output for each of headphone and master, output is always coming from the mix out on the dj controller.

how can i get mono outputs of master and headphone in left and right channel, respectively, of dj controller headphone output? 

i wanted to be able to mix without using speakers, and just the headphone.
i think it was called something like mono splitting, in a dj tutorial.

thanks for any help, as i couldnt find this in the djuced manual.

Hello,

1) Indeed, I have duplicated your problem, in mono mode I meet 2 bugs of audio routing
- the bug you reported: no sound on output 3-4
- another bug: sound played only on the left channel,
so it requires an update of djuced.

2) For the routing bug you reported, Universal DJ has a workaround:
- install Hercules DJ driver package from Hercules support website, currently the version is 2019_HDJS_1
- run Universal DJ control panel,
- go to its Advanced tab,

- for Headphone channels, select 1-2 instead of 3-4 
and then, when you will use Djuced, the set the mono modes on outputs 1 and 2 and you will hear in the headphones output.

Of course, when you come back to normal use, you must not forget to restore in Universal DJ control panel > Advanced tab,  the original settings playing headphones on output 3-4.

3) For the second mono routing bug, mono sound played only on the left channel, I have check and this bug appeared Djuced 4.0.1, so it was not in Djuced 4.0.0, but as it was a beta version, I do not suggest your using it.
I think it is safer you wait for an updated of Djuced 4 to fix this mono routing bug.

4) Please precise why you use the mono routing mode.
If you use it to produce no outside sound, then I have no short term solution: you must wait for the Djuced update fixing this mono routing bug.
If you use it just because you have no speakers connected, have you tried in Djuced the setting Audio "Send master to computer speakers": checking this field plays the master in the computer built in speakers while the preview is played in the headphones, with no need to split.

Topic starter

Thanks for your inputs, and sorry for the late reply.
I used your workaround for the mono and encountered the mono routing bug that you mentioned.

The version of DJUCED I am using is 4.0.7.

I want to use this mode to not produce any outside sound, just monitoring both headphone and master mixes through my headphone output. You are correct.

So is there an estimate on when the updated DJUCED will be available with the mono routing bug fix ?

Hello,

An update of Djuced (probably 4.0.8) is planned for the beginning of september.
If you want a preliminary (beta) version before, please let me know.

Topic starter

Thanks for the estimated date. I'll just wait for the release as it is just a month away.