hercules dj control...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj control instinct

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i just bought a hercules dj control instinct and i got a cd to install djuced, but my computer doesnt have a drive for cds, how can i get the software?

Topic starter

Hi there.

Can you provide some additional details - like on what kind of platform are you using the device, the OS, what DJ software are you using (the exact version), the version of the driver (located on the ABOUT tab of the Control Panel of the Instinct unit, if the Control panel is accessible to you, where the speakers are connected to and if at least you have sound in the headphones?

Also, are you getting any error messages when using the device? 

Topic starter

hey guys i have connected my instinct controler to work on virtual dj but the only problem i am getting is the headphones, i can only hear what is being played live and nothing from the other side that i am trying to beatmatch or cue.. only way i can here both sides is putting the crossfader in the middle or at one side or the other.. any help would be apreciated ;0) 

Did you take a look at the configuration document included with the mapping file ?

Topic starter

hey man thanks for getting back to me so quickly, yes i did double check the config everything is how the set up should be.. Everything works great but the only prob is i cant play a tune and switch over to cue up the next tune cause i cant hear the other tune it only lets me listen to one channel at a time which makes mixing imposible ;0) 

Ah, yes, this problem...they don't make it easy and obvious sometimes...

The easiest way way around this is to use a skin where the monitor mix control is available. YOu would obviously need to use your mouse to contorl this.

A more "complicated" way would be to modify the mapping so that you can listen to both deck's CUE at the same time, or add a way to control the monitor mix from your computer keyboard. As my knowledge of VDJ's mapping script is quite limited, I would refer you to the expert of the VDJ forum for this.