Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4-mx beatgrid and beatdouble

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi,
do anybody noticed that after update tne 4-mx controller to the latest firmware 16....
the beatgrid and beatdouble dont work properly or work only sometimes...
i dont figure out in which condition it works or not it is totally random.
it is hard to describe the problem:
you can only hear the why i think the function is dont working.
the beatgrid is not syncronized with the acttual playing title.
same problem with the beatdouble function.
thanks.

Hello Haaki,

Please precise
- your version of VirtualDJ, for example VirtualDJ 8.3 b4675,
- your operating system (for example Windows 10 64-bit 1709).

Topic starter
Hello,
my Version of VDJ is  LE 7.4.7 and Windows 10 64bit ... but i think it has nothingh to do with the OS.
The complete truth is i have 2 Hercules 4-MX controllers.  The first one has a problem with the bass knob. It is damaged
and i can not control the right deck bass. Only with the software. But this is no problem for me.
I claimed this and get another 4-Mx controller but i had bad luck and the second controller was tottaly damaged.
The firmware was broken. I mount out the EPROM of the second controller and flashed it with the latest firmware
and everything was fine till i noticed that the Beatgrid and the FlipDoubble effects only sometimes working.
You hear an distotion like a bad echo and it is not syncronized with the songs beat.
I compared this with the first controller where the bass knob is damaged and the Beatgrid is working fine. The first controller
had firmware 14....
I updated the firmware of the first controller to version 16 too and have the same problem with the Beatgrid and FlipDoubble effects now with
both controllers. The  problem must have something to do with the firmware.
Topic starter
Is it possible the downgrade the firmware ....and where can i get the old version?
Please only the regular firmware file because i dont want to mount out the eprom again...
I would like use the updater.exe to "downgrade" the firmware 😉
Thanks

Hello Haaki,

VirtualDJ beatgrid and flippingdouble are totally software, they are not related to the DJ controller you use:
- the beatgrid is the result of a software analysis,
- the flipping double is a software effect,
so you can remove your DJ controller from the PC, and run VirtualDJ, you will get the same result:
- if you reanalyze the track on which you have once a bad beatgrid, you will still the same beatgrid issue,
- if you apply flipping double on tracks where it is not great once, it will not be greater another time either, whatever the controller.

DJ Console 4-Mx does not process these 2 functions, they are processed in the computer CPU, so changing the firmware will not change anything to these functions of VirtualDJ.

Topic starter

I'm not sure about this. I would like to downgrade the firmware to test this.
Due to the two controllers i can test witrh the controller what has a damaged Knob
without danger..... 🙂

Is there any way to get the old firmware file. 

Thank you for the support. 

Hello Haaki,

I am really convinced these VirtualDJ features are only in the software, but you can replace the 4-Mx firmware if you want, if you have the old driver, and a USB hub with its power adpater (do not try reflashing the 4-Mx firmware without a USB hub which has a power adapter, it is too dangerous). As firmware 16 was released in 2014, you need older drivers.

1) Install a driver older than 2014 and look in the folder 
C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware,
or in the folder
C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware, 
copy the file 4MX_TUSB_something.dja (fr example 4MX_TUSB_E.dja) on a USB key

2) Uninstall the old drivers and reinstall the new drivers.

3) In the folder C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware replace the file 4MX_TUSB_F.dja by the older file version you copied in your USB key.

4) Connect the USB hub to the computer, connect the power adapter of the USB hub, connect the 4-Mx to the USB hub.

5) Right click on Windows icon on the bottom left quarter of the screen, and select run,

6) Type the command line
"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" –manual
and follow the menu on the screen.