dj console 4-mx dri...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console 4-mx drivers not working windows 10

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey been trying to get my drivers to recognize my 4-mx controller when plugging it in, i used to use it on a windows 7 setup years ago and read that the old firmware might not be compatible with the new usb controller. i turned off xhci on my usb 2.0 ports and still no avail when trying to reinstall the drivers.

Hello Jtalchemist,

The process of disabling the xHCI (= USB 3.0) in the bios generally works, but in some case, depending on the bios/motherboard, it is not enough: the safe solution is to find a PC in Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, or a PC with zero USB 3.0 port, to update the 4-Mx.

Also, in some case the Windows update has changed the USB bus power and the USB timing, so if you can, I suggest you find:
- a USB hub which has a power adapter, to avoid a USB bus power issue,
- a shorter USB 2.0 cable (3 or 4 feet)
and try to connect the 4-Mx with this USB hub and USB cable.

Topic starter

I am all of a sudden having an issue with my 4mx on windows 10
Everything was working fine then I updated my bios the other day and now of a sudden its not working.
I updated the drivers to the latest since I saw there were new ones just this month and still nothing, its like the tray agent isn't recognizing it anymore
I check in device manager and it shows up as a device (not audio device)  just its own.  I can't remember if it used to show up as audio too but I am guessing probably.
The tray agent stays with the X and during a reinstall of the drivers when it tries to detect it seems like its not doing it.
When I plug it into my USB ports (all usb3) the mic light lights up and then goes out, no other lights on and no lights come on as they used to.

Did my controller die on me?  I think its still working and its somehow the driver or laptop?
Its almost as if its not getting enough power but it was all fine before
Thoughts?

Topic starter

So update, I tried a powered usb hub in case it wasn't getting enough power, I also tried another laptop and installed the drivers fresh on there, and the same result.  mic light turns blue and then fades out and no lights then I hear the windows device sound and it shows in device manager but the tray icon doesn't recognize it and its not shown as an audio device.  
Did my controller just die?

Hello SonicGT,

DJ Console 4-Mx with an old firmware cannot be detected, so its firmware cannot be updated on a computer with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 if this computer has any USB 3.0 port on it.
So please describe in your message what "another laptop" is: it must be either a computer in Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, or a computer with only USB 2.0 ports, to have a chance to succeed.

Topic starter

I wasn't trying to update the controller firmware, I thought the issue why it stopped working is because I update my laptops firmware (BIOS)   but when I attempted to use the controller on a different laptop it had the same results where it didn't seem to light up and stay lit up and the tray icon stayed with the red x on it and it never was able to show up in the sound devices.

Everything was working fine, I actually used my controller on New Years Eve, then the first time I tried to use it a couple weeks later it no longer worked.
I plugged it in and the mic light lit up for a second then went off and no lights at all.  The tray icon never changes to not having the red x.

I thought it might be my laptop, so that is why I tried another laptop.  The other laptop didn't have the drivers so had to install them, but still the same results.  On my laptop that I used on NYE I did update the drivers since I saw a new one was just released recently thinking maybe that would help vs the old 2016 ones and it didn't

Hello,

Please precise your version of Windows on the laptops you have tested DJ Console 4-Mx.

Topic starter

Both are windows 10   one is version 1703 and the other is 1709

It was working fine on my Windows 10 1709 laptop on new years eve.  The very next time I tried (2 weeks later) it didn't work

Hello,

If you did not get a firmware update issue while installing the DJ Console 4-Mx (but then you should know it occured), the most likely explanations are:

- a USB bus power issue, caused by a Windows update: if you can place a USB hub powered by a power adapter between the PC and the DJ Console 4-Mx, and try using the 4-Mx, you will see if the USB bus power is an explanation

- a USB cable issue: if you can test the 4-Mx connected to a good USB 2.0 certified cable, slightly shorter (as 3 or 4-feet), it may help as on the cable coming with DJ Console 4-Mx and Rmx is sometimes not well supported in today's Windows 10, while it was OK at the time of the release of DJ Console 4-Mx.