SUBJECTS >FORUM UK/US> HARDWARE > [SOLVED] HERCULES RMX NOT DETECTED. HELP ME PLEASE
Back to the topics REPLY

[SOLVED] HERCULES RMX NOT DETECTED. HELP ME PLEASE

giodji

1 Messages
Posted on 01/05/18 at 13:35:20
Italy
  • DJ Console Rmx
Hello, i bought a second hand rmx dj controller.

I have 2 pc, one laptop with windows 7 ultimate and the other NOT laptop with Win Xp

Well, in the Win7 i downloaded the drivers from hercules website, installed and during the dialog "insert rmx " , i plugged but software didnt recognise the hardware and so the installation continued, without any result. Laptop is an Asus i5, ram 4gb, 3 ports usb 2.0.  At this point i have the software installed and when i plug, still "usb not detected error"

I tried installing cd drivers on WinXP but still nothing. Tried to hold microphone during USB, it appears "firmware update" but when it update the sound firmare, it says me to unplag and plug the cable to finish the firmware installation. I did but it stacks and no continue.

I looked tons of thread but i didnt have any result. Can u please help me? I'm desperate. Thanks.

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posted on 01/09/18 at 14:48:59
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Giodji,

Please be very careful with the firmware update on Rmx: it is much safer to use a USB hub which has a power adapter when you update the firmware on Rmx.

Your problem may come from a timing issue: I suggest you use
- a shorter USB 2 cable Type A to Type B (well shielded), for example 1m cable as
https://www.amazon.it/Lindy-31844-Cavo-Tipo-Nero/dp/B001G5SDY8
https://www.amazon.it/Lindy-41581-Cavo-Tipo-CROMO/dp/B007PKPV9S
- and you connect the Rmx to the PC via a USB hub powered by a power adapter (if there is no power adapter, do not use a USB hub).

And try on your Windows 7 computer since if the firmware in the Rmx requires drivers which no longer work in Windows XP, then it may be normal the Rmx does not work on this computer after the firmware update.

dj vortex 2017

19 Messages
Posted on 02/03/18 at 11:12:33
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
hi all,

i have a similar sort of problem,but when i plug in the usb cable nothing gets detected on my pc, only certain blue lights that light up and begin to flash, then now when i plug it in, nothing happens no flashing blue lights and not detected by my pc, i have downloaded and installed the newest drivers. I hope that someone can help me..

Thank you in advanced

could it be my EEPROM chip thats done one as to stand to reason when i dont anything ? and if so it is possible to get a replacement and what for EEPROM chip is it, is it this number: HT24LC64?

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posted on 02/05/18 at 10:40:46
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello dj vortex 2017,

1) As you meet a technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows, version of DJConsole Series driver package.

2) If your PC has Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and any USB 3.0 port, your problem may come from an old firmware inside the Rmx, a firmware which Windows 8.1 and 10 do not support in computers with USB 3 ports (connecting on a USB 2 port will not solve the problem : if Microsoft detect a USB 3.0 port in the PC,
Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 install a USB driver which prevents the DJ Console Rmx from being enumerated on any USB port on the computer).
The solution is to update the firmware in another PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8.0.
Can you find a PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8.0, or can you find a PC in Windows 10 which has zero USB 3.0 port?
If you find such a PC, then you also need a USB hub with a power adapter (the power adapter is needed: do not use a USB hub with not power adapter when updating the Rmx, you would damage the Rmx).

Then the solution is to
1) connect to the Windows 7 or Windows 8.0 PC the USB hub, and power the hub with its power adapter
2) install in this Windows 7 or Windows 8.0 PC a current DJ Console driver, as 2018_HDJS_1,
3) when the DJ Console driver installation asks to connect the Hercules DJ gear, connect the DJ Console Rmx to the USB hub,
4) check if the DJ Console Rmx is correctly installed and detected on this Windows 7 or Windows 8.0 PC,
5) then click on Start > Run and type the command
"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual
with the " signs as they are in this line
6) click OK and follow the firmware update menus
7) at the end of the firmware installation, the DJ Console Rmx firmware should be updated, and you can use the DJ Console Rmx on your Windows 10 computer.

dj vortex 2017

19 Messages
Posted on 02/11/18 at 14:44:52
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
Hi UX Team

i have just updated my profile.

i have however tried to run the process on windows 7 but still the same reponse?

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posted on 02/12/18 at 14:44:30
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello Dj vortex 2017,

A) Please describe exactly what you have done on your Windows 7 computer.
1) Have you tested the Rmx in connecting the Rmx to a USB hub powered by a power adapter?
2) If you did, what is the model and brand of the USB hub?

B) Please try to write more information: we need a complete technical description, so if you write enough data (write exactly the error message(s) you get, or post a screenshot, for example the screenshot of the way the Rmx is displayed in Windows device manager would be helpful) it may be possible to answer precisely and fast / if you give partial information, I will non stop as complementary information, so that it may be long.
Here is what I get in a screenshot of Rmx in Windows 7:

To post a screenshot, you must upload the image on an image server web as imgbb, tinypic, and post the link on the forum. 

dj vortex 2017

19 Messages
Posted on 02/12/18 at 16:55:31
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
hi
i have a usb 2.0 hub but unfortunatly i am in need of to try and buy a power adapter for it. the one i have is this? i'm not sure if that will be suitable for what i need as in terms for the firmware flashing of my hercules RMX. the model and brand oy usb hub is a TRust model HU-4140p. it does have a port at the rear next to the usb point as to which you add a power adapter for the voltage of 5V DC 2A. unfortunatly i am unable to add any images of the exact usb hub but with the model i have described maybe you can tell me after looking it up if it will be suitable. i will however pull my spare pc from the cupboard and place a hard drive in along with windows 7 but will i also need to use the powered USB hub for the firmware or hercules to be detected properly instead of Uknown Device in windows 7?

i will await for your reply.

thank you

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posted on 02/12/18 at 18:01:10
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello,

1) Yes, your USB hub HU-4140p from Trust may be OK if you get a power adapter for it: to know which power adapter is needed, measure the diameter of the power plug hole (as it is not written in Trust user manual), we will call this diameter X, and seek for a "Xmm barrel 5V 2A DC adapter": from the photo here, I hesitate between a 5.5mm barrel or a 3.5mm barrel.
If the barrel is OK, you can use a power supply as this one.
If you find not power adapter, maybe someone may lend you a USB hub powered by a power adapter, as this is needed only for a test.

2) You may be in 2 possible situations:

Situation a: your Rmx met an accident furing the firmware update (If this is the case, someone has seen this firmware update accident occur) as there was an error message. Then the solution is unfortunately complicated for a non electrician: you must disassemble the bottom of your Rmx, to remove the Printed Circuit Board where the USB connector is molded. TYou must then remove the flash component, and the component must be reflashed in an eeprom burner. An electronic repair shop is capable to do it, if you provide them the firmware file, and I can send you this firmware file (if you need Rmx firmware file, please send me an invitation here)

Situation b: another issue. Then we must analyse on a Windows 7 or Windows 8.0 computer the Rmx to identify what is the issue. Then, if the Rmx can be work in Windows 7, we can, if we have a USB hub powered by a power adapter, reflash the firmware of the Rmx, and afterwards it will work in Windows 10.

3) Please refrain from double posting. Post your messages related to 1 issue in 1 discussion, not in 2 discussions, otherwise the technical information is spread between 2 discussions, reducing your chance to get any answer, and the discussion seen as an echo of your main discussion has a question with no answer, which pollutes this secondary discussion.
Of course, you can post another message related to another subject in another discussion, but for the same subject, please do not double post.

dj vortex 2017

19 Messages
Posted on 02/12/18 at 19:21:34
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
hi there, 
i have been in contact with trust... they have answered my query as that my usb hub as mentioned can be used in conjunction with a power adapter. IF i was to send you a photo image of how my hercules RMX is reating at present , would you be able to tell me if it is a fimrware issue or not please? i will send you a photo or a short movie clip of how my hercules is acting?

heres 1st link
http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/n0Ejtazw/file.html

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/w2899lBJ/file.html

i hope these will give you a bit more information

i will await for a reply

thank you

User Experience Team

1664 Messages
Posted on 02/13/18 at 10:36:31
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Serato
  • Traktor
Hello,

From your screenshot I think you are still in Windows 10: please stop using your Windows 10 computer with the DJ Console Rmx as long as the firmware of the Rmx has not been update, the firmware of DJ Console RMX must be updated on the Windows 7 computer before you can move to Windows 10..
You CANNOT update the Rmx firmware on your Windows 10 computer.

So please try the Rmx only with a USB hub powered by a power adapter (do not try without the power adapter, the only reason why I ask a USB hub is this power adapter, to get enough USB bus power in Windows 7 to update the firmware of the Rmx).

dj vortex 2017

19 Messages
Posted on 02/13/18 at 16:29:28
UK
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • VirtualDJ
hi
yes i was using my windows 10 pc but just to show you the screenshots one of the flashing lights of my console and and the other just to state that is showns as unkwon device, but the flashing lights.... is that firmware issues?