Back to the topics REPLY

[SOLVED] Hercules MK4 Input Issues

guihleandro

3 Messages
Posted on 11/16/17 at 13:05:33
Brazil
  • DJ Console Mk4
  • VirtualDJ®
First of all I'm sorry for my google translate english.

I bought a hercules mk4 with the intention of using it as an audio interface for my cdj1000 mk3 with timecodes. I did the installation with the latest drivers available in the site correctly, checked the operation on my macbook as the product support page informs, ran the controller independently on virtualdj and everything worked ok.

But when I have to connect the cdjs to the mk4 inputs, the controller simply freezes or disconnects. Looking at the control panel, the settings become gray, not allowing anything to be changed. I've done a lot of tests like reinstalling the drivers, turning on the controller with the cdj plugged in, and nothing worked. BUT, once I did something different, everything worked, I was able to control the virtualdj with my cdj using timecodes and sending the output signal to an external mixer, everything perfect. But by turning off the equipment and restarting them without making any modifications at all, the problems happened again and I was unable to reconnect.

My main djing laptop is a macbook pro, but I own a windows 10 desktop where I also did the tests and experienced the same problems, being able to run only 1 or 2 times with the cdj. I already have a considerable experience with controllers and configurations in dj softwares and I can not see a problem, not even a hardware problem considering that for once everything worked ok on the mac, and 1 or 2 times on windows. If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful. Thank you.

*To complement I'm connecting the controller to a usb 2.0 port, I tested it with 2 different usb cables, and my macbook is using the osx sierra.

guihleandro

3 Messages
Posted on 11/16/17 at 22:35:52
Brazil
  • DJ Console Mk4
  • VirtualDJ®
Update:
I've done more tests here and managed to figure out a pattern where problems occur ...
What you are looking at is something related to the source of energy. When I'm using the controller attached to the macbook on the battery, everything works fine, I can use the cdj with the timecode perfectly. But as soon as I plug the charger into the laptop, the timecode goes crazy, the controller stops responding to commands, etc. On the other hand, if I use the controller without any cdj connected in the inputs, I can use the loader connected to the mac without problems ...
Does anyone have a suggestion to solve this? Maybe a powered USB hub?
Thank you

User Experience Team

1170 Messages
Posted on 11/17/17 at 10:59:51
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Hello,

There is probably a power grounding problem between the power supply of your computer and the power supply of your CDJ players so:
1) check the power outlet where you are connected is grounded,
2) connect the power supply of your computer on the same power outlet as your CDJ players,
3) and if it is not enough (if the computer power supply grounding is not stable enough), connect a USB hub with power adapter between your DJ Console Mk4 and your computer.

guihleandro

3 Messages
Posted on 11/23/17 at 11:42:31
Brazil
  • DJ Console Mk4
  • VirtualDJ®
Hello,

The powered usb hub solves my problem. I still have to take some longer tests to confirm that everything is stable and avoid surprises at a gig. But apparently everything is working okay now.

Thanks a lot for the help!