dj controller air s...

Notifications
Clear all

dj controller air stopped working (frozen)

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have a hercules dj control air
running on windows 10 os
i have a hp laptop with 4gb ram
using djuced18 software (latest version 1.0.102 build 4717)

situation:
djuced software froze in the middle of a gig, that i was 2hrs into.
i only had a usb mouse connected and my dj controller air devices
i use a non-powered usb hub, but i have used a powered hub where this same "froze" like behavior happen 3 months ago.
when it happen 3 months ago, i had several rounds of "try this with hercules tech support".  nothing worked....i just continued to re-install the djhercules drivers...for which i am using  2015.hdjs.6 version.  eventually, the hardware controller reset and i was back in business...but i now realize that was pure luck.

any help or advice is much appreciated becuase right now i am dead in the water.  i have reinstalled the latest djuced18 software, i have downloaded the  2016.hdjs.1 version.  the air cotnroller is dead...it is not accepting
eceiving any midi commands....help please!

Hello,

Please follow the guidelines here
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/blog/tech-tips/optimize-your-windows-computer-for-djing/
and make sure you have disabled Windows preset supposed to save energy on the USB port.

This preset is set on by default, and it may cause crackling in the sound, and even disconnect the DJ controller on the computer.

• Right-click on My computer > Properties > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers,
  • Right-click on the first line "USB Root Hub" and click "Properties"
  • Go to the tab "Power Management", and uncheck the box "Allow computer to turn off this device to save energy"

• Click "OK" and close the dialog box
  • Repeat the same operation on each line called USB Root Hub or USB hub.