Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx2 outputs not working

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello,

i am setting up my new (used) hercules rmx2 with a pc running mixxx in ubuntu 16.06. the mapping that mixxx provides for the rmx2 works well as far as i can tell. however, there is no sound coming out of the rmx2. i can hear the audio through the headsets but not through the speaker that i plugged into the 1-2 outputs.

any ideas as to how to work this out? by the way, the hercules controller software does not work in ubuntu so any other suggestions are more than welcomed. 

Topic starter

*ubuntu 16.04LTS

Hello,

1) Make sure the Channel 1-2 is selected as master output,

2) If you use Rmx2 RCA booth outputs, make sure the booth output volume knob is not set on zero.

If you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile" http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations /.
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJConsole Rmx2
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Ubuntu (16.04LTS), version of Mixxx DJ software.

The benefit of writing your profile in this area is that
- there is a DJConsole Rmx2 icon on all your messages
- any visitor of the foryum can read your technical information in 1 place instead of having to read several messages.

You can also verify if the outputs are working properly from All Settings > Sound > Output tab > Test Sound. Just make sure that you select the Rmx2 from the left-hand menu.

Topic starter

Thank you for your replies! I was using a Traynor TVM50 to test the RMX2 and pluging it with the RCA cable to the Aux Input of the amp/speaker did not work. I ended up using an RCA to 1/4 inch cable and plugging it to the Input 2 on the amp/speaker and that worked. As I expected, it was not the clearest sound yet i was able to test the controller.