Notifications
Clear all

issues with 4mx

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i love my hercules, its been great. im running windows 10 on an i7 dell. all updated and fresh install. i did buy another board, a pioneer ddj sx2 with serato. i installed serato and pioneer board. after using it, i still prefer the hercules for everyday use, its so vesitile.

i hooked up hercules on laptop for a gig. the unit was giving me issues. i kept losing control of platters, faders and all functions. yet, manually pressing of play button, audio was present. i assumed, it might be cable to usb. i switched it, and it seemed to work. tonight, i had to play a game of chaning usb intputs, rescanning, switching to asio from wdm. i had to restart a few times to get it to work.

i hooked up hercules last night, with the assumed bad cable. the other computer sad, unknown usb.

i reinstalled all hercules software and used ccleaner. everything seemed like it installed proplerly. i uninstalled seato and things seemed fine.

i am wondering if hercules is failing? usb needs cleaned? i held microphone button and it installed the driver for the unit.  no firmware list came up. anyone else have an issue like this? thanks, i really appreciate your time. bryan

Topic starter

The decks just started playing fast, like 78rpm record. Both platters affected. Had to restart Virtual Dj.

Hello Bryan,

You mention so many subjects in the same post that a global answer would be long and difficult to read.
So I try to answer to your first question

I hooked up Hercules on laptop for a gig. The unit was giving me issues. I kept losing control of platters, faders and all functions. Yet, manually pressing of play button, audio was present. I assumed, it might be cable to usb. I switched it, and it seemed to work.

It may be a static electricity issue: if the laptop is not well grounded, the electrostatic electricity discharges your hands send to the 4-Mx find no ground to evacuate, and pollute (change, freeze) the gradual controls of the 4-Mx: I suggest you connect a USB hub with a power adaptor between your 4-Mx and your laptop: the static electricity will reach the ground via the power adapter of the USB hub, which should protect your 4-Mx for electrostatic issues.

Hello Bryan,

I try here to answer to your question 2, if it is one question

Tonight, I had to play a game of chaning usb intputs, rescanning, switching to Asio from WDM. I had to restart a few times to get it to work.
I hooked up hercules last night, with the assumed bad cable. The other computer sad, unknown usb.
I reinstalled all Hercules software and used ccleaner. Everything seemed like it installed proplerly. I uninstalled Seato and things seemed fine.

1) Some computers with some versions of Windows do not properly detect DJ Console Rmx and Dj Console 4-Mx on some or all their USB ports: on such computers, the way to avoid is to replace the USB cable by a shorter (3 feet) USB 2.0 cable, it must still be a very well shielded cable.

2) I do not know if you have the latest VirtualDJ 7 release.
The last VDJ 7 version is 7.4.7 (whether you use a pro or a LE version): is it the one you use?
=> you should complete your profile on the forum  with your version of VirtualDJ and your version of DJConsole 4-Mx driver (is it 2016_HDJS_1?).

Hello Bryan,

Issue 3

I am wondering if Hercules is failing? usb needs cleaned? I held microphone button and it installed the driver for the unit.  No Firmware list came up. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Do not hold the mic key pushed down on the 4-Mx if you have not
- a USB hub connected with a power adapter powering the USB hub
- a stable detection of the controller on the USB port,
The mic pressed down for the boot process is only a rescue solution to force a rewrite of the firmware, but if you use a computer where the 4-Mx is not always detected, running this firmware update is dangerous.
If the firmware updater had detected the controller, if you had then started the firmware rewriting process, and if the USB had disconnected during the 4-Mx firmware update, your 4-Mx may be broken by the firmware update, with no solution to rewrite the firmware by the USB.

Hello Bryan,

Issue 4

The decks just started playing fast, like 78rpm record. Both platters affected. Had to restart Virtual Dj.

Please check on your PC manufacturer website if there is an update available for the motherboard firmware.

Topic starter

Thank you all for your help.
I really like this little board that could be read easily.
It seems like was possibly from a defective USB wire. It seemed to cause havoc. I replaced the cable and still had odd issues. I reinstalled everything and so far, it's been working. I think the speed issues were from being online and network and wifi was caching. Once again, thanks for your replies, and also for this board. I recommended it to others, and they are just as pleased. Thanks again!

P.S. 3 gigs, no issues..