rmx 2 not working

Notifications
Clear all

rmx 2 not working

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i originally bought a rmx and eventually getting it going on my windows 10 laptop with the help of this forum - had to use a usb hub to get it working. here i am now having bought a 2nd hand rmx 2 and it wont work 🙁

when plugged in all the lights work but there isnt a beep of acknowledgement from either my w10 laptop nor a borrowed w7 laptop, nothing appearing in device manager either.

i tried different drivers from the support site, tried different usb ports, with and without the usb but still no noise made by laptops when the rmx 2 is connected 🙁 is it faulty??

i even bought a powered belkin usb hub in order to follow the following piece of advice from maxdjack in a similar thread:

microsoft has changed the drivers of intel usb 3.0 host in windows 8.1 and windows 10, so that the mk2 is no longer detected. the solution consist in the fiollowing process:
1) take a usb hub which has a power adapter
2) find a pc in windows 7 or windows 8.0, and connect the usb hub on this pc, and power the usb hub with the power adapter 3) install hercules djconsole series drivers 2015_hdjs_6 on the pc with windows vista, 7 or 8
4) when asked to connect the hercules dj console mk2, connect it to the usb hub
5) the driver will update the firmware of the dj console mk2
6) once the firmware of the dj console mk2 has been updated on the pc with windows vista 7, 8, you can use this dj console mk2 on your windows 10 pc.

this hasnt worked either but i do have one query, at step 4 do i just connect the usb cable to the powered hub? or do i still need to plug in the rmx 2 ac adapter? the rmx 2 doesnt light up when connected to the powered usb hub alone.
any help is appreciated. thanks

First off, the power supply is always necessary for the Rmx2.

Secondly, since you bought the Rmx2 second hand, do you know for sure that it was working for the previous owner ?

Topic starter

Thanks, I tried it numerous times with power supply and without, different configurations etc all to no avail. 

Don't know if it was working beforehand as it was bought online.

From reading the forum here it seems that flashing the eeprom thingy is the only other option, I have a cheap eeprom programmer ordered to attempt this, just need to get a hold of the correct files to flash. Do I contact Hercules support for these? 

Thanks again 🙂  

Topic starter

Would anyone have the relevant files to send me in order to manually flash the eeprom on this RMX 2? Pretty please 🙂 

Thanks in advance 🙂  

Hello,

1) Please precise the complete model and reference of your HP Windows 10 laptop.

2) Flashing the eeprom on an external programmer is not needed on Rmx2. It could be needed on older controllers as Rmx when a failure during the firmware update process could corrupt the boot section of the eeprom, but on Rmx2 the boot session is protected so I do not think a corruption of the eeprom is the issue you meet.

3) If you have a volt-meter, please check the voltage on the output of your Rmx2 power adapter: is it 7.5v?

Topic starter

Thanks for your time Maxdjack, mightily appreciated 🙂

In answer:

1) Hope the info in there now is what you are looking for. 

2) In my long yet fruitless search through the internet I must have confused myself between a RMX 2 and a MkII. Oooops.

3) Hopefuly I can get my power suplly tested later this evening at a friend's, I have no voltmeter. The power supply I have here is 7.5v/1A

I shall report back when I can. Thanks 🙂 

Hello Liamo,

You are welcome.

1) About the computer model, please report the complete laptop reference, as for example Pavilion 17-g053us, or 17-f205na or 15-AB043SA. The reason why I look for it is to check if there are known issues on the USB host chipset or in the motherboard firmware.

2) Have you checked whether the USB peripherals on this computer operate in full USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 speed? For example, if you copy a 1 GB file from a USB 2 key to your hard disk, how much time does it take?

3) Have you made the test to unconnect all USB devices from your computer (except keyboard an mouse)?

Topic starter

Hi again Maxdjack 🙂

My electrician friend tested the power supply and he says that it is providing 8v - his voltmeter doesnt go into decimals so this may well be 7.5v rounded up to 8v for the purposes of displaying a value.

1) My laptop is a hp pavilion 15-ab044sa

2) I only have a 32gb Transcend USB 3.0 pen drive to do the test, I used a folder of music files totalling 1.02GB. Both USB 3.0 slots on the laptop transferred the files onto the hard disk in 12secs, whereas the USB 2.0 slot took 31secs.

3) I don't use any other USB devices on my laptop except for my original Dj RMX, I don't use this when trying to sort my RMX2 though.

I was really hoping it would be the power supply but it doesn't seem so. As I say, when power supply and usb lead are connected the RMX 2 does go through what seems to be an led lighting test yet neither laptop makes a noise to acknowledge a device has been connected, nor does anything show in Device Manager.

Edit: fyi I have also tried a second, near New, USB cable previously. 

I received a reply from Hercules support and they mentioned the USB cable, I had forgotten to mention I had tried a 2nd cable is my original post. They also mentioned about turning off security software, I will try this soon. 

Topic starter

Just tried the installation process again on the Windows 7 laptop, which has no USB 3.0 slots, with the security software turned off, no change. I then tried a second time with the other USB cable - whichs runs my original RMX, no change. 

🙁 

Hello,

I suggest you call Hercules hot line so that they check with you if they can run any test.
The phone number from Ireland is 016950425, monday to friday, from 8 AM to 7 PM.
The contact information is here: https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/ .