Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 problem input

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello to all
i am opening this topic because for the second time i have problems with hercules rmx2 and timecode. the links were made well
in input i connected my technics 1210 and for 4 months worked perfectly with virtual dj pro 8
yesterday morning, unfortunately, i turn on the console and the time code no longer works
then check the settings of virtual dj and are set everything perfectly
1 deck 1/2 out rmx2
2 deck 3/4 out
timecode 1
timecode 2
asio driver

now given that the second time this has happened, the someone else has had problems with the inputs of this console?
obviously the selector is set to phono

Hello,

1) Have you tested your turntable current status in playing an audio vinyl disk on the turntable and playing in an amplifier with phono input level? Is the audio quality still OK?
If the cartridge in the turntable is worn-out, it is normal VirtualDJ no longer detects a proper signal. If you often scratch, a cartridge is worn out very fast.

2) Please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile".
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

Topic starter

thanks max for the answer
the plates work perfectly only using them with the mixer DDM4000 and the cartridge is new , certainly one of the best , use the Shure M - 77

Hello max,

I guess you mean M44-7.
What is your version of VirtualDJ 8 Pro? Is it 8.1 build 2587.1086?

Topic starter

hello max,

yes m44-7

VIRTUAL DJ 8 PRO build 2844...

as I said for 4 months I have never had a problem with this configuration , the point on Sunday morning in the White no longer works timecode

Hello,

Please
1) check if, when you play a vinyl disc on the turntables, when you set in VDJ the audio inputs as line inputs, you hear the vinyl audio playback with a proper audio quality in the Rmx2 or not,
2) precise what you call "the time code no longer work": I understand it does not work, but I do not see how it does not work. Is it a calibration issue, a too low or too high signal?

Topic starter

does not come out no signal from the timecode ... already it happened four months ago and I was replaced the RMX2

I just wanted to know , since it has happened two times , it is a common problem or just unlucky I ......

surely this console mount components NOT OF QUALITY

thanks max

Hello,

DJConsole Rmx2 phono/line inputs are audio inputs, not timecode inputs, it is the DJ software which uses a specific audio signal (from timecode vinyl discs) as a timecode, so identifying if there is an issue in the audio input is the first step to analyze whether the problem is on the input setting or in the software setting.

1) I have asked you a key question: when you play an audio vinyl disc on your turntable and connect it to Rmx2 input 1-2, when
- on Rmx2 rear panel, the line/Phono swithc is set on phono,
- on VDJ 8 Pro, the Rmx2 input are set as line input,
- on Rmx2 control panel, you set the input 1-2 or Line 0dB,

then what do you hear? Is the sound OK, or no hearable, or distorted, or with an echo, or only on 1 channel?

2) Changing your Rmx2 before analyzing your problem is insane as changing your car because the tank is empty.
Technical issues in computing are normal, if you do not want to spend the time to analyze to correct them, you should, once your have reached a working configuration, never update anything in your computer : no update of your operating system, of any software, of any driver, of any antivirus, not connect to the internet, not install any new program, and avoid interfering with any setting of any software.

3) If someone has replaced your Rmx2 for a timecode issue without analyzing the issue with you and giving you an clear explanation, this person is wrong. Rmx2 audio inputs are of great quality, and cannot be damaged by any phono inputs.
What is more, getting the same issue at the same time on 2 stereo inputs, which are connected to 2 different components, just means it is not due to the components (getting 2 ADC components, which last several years on other DJ controllers - on my Rmx2 and on many orther Rmx2 units -, which are located on different inputs, to die in the same second on your Rmx2 is extremely unlikely, and repeating it just means it is not what occurs, and it was not what occured last time).
Of course, I have not seen your previous Rmx2 unit, but if it happened twice, I am 100% sure it is and it was not a hardware issue, and you changed your first Rmx2 unit for nothing.

Topic starter
max, these settings I used from the start inserting vinyls of inputs and the control panel I set 0 LINE I repeat it always worked perfectly for 4 months

I HAVE PUT ON LINE 0db  CHANNEL 1-2 CHANNEL AND 3-4 BOTH I setup them to line 0 DB

Now you do not hear ANYTHING .... not out timecode ... in the graph is the straight line ... do not get signal

before reporting console I run all the tests ... nothing has changed , not the sound comes out from the meter of the RMX 2

Hello,

A) On my side, it works great with a technics 1200 Mk2 + Shure M44-7 turntable whether
- the input is played at 0dB (Line 0dB)
- the input is boosted of 6dB (Line +6dB) so if you hear nothing at 0dB, you can boost of 6dB.

B) Solving a problem requires to split the issue to identify where the issue lays:
- in the audio source setting
- or in the software timecode setting.
I want to test in audio mode first, with an audio vinyl disc, with the software set in audio mode, not in timecode mode.

if you see a straight line in VDJ, then you are still in timecode mode, not in audio testing, so let's try with another software, Djuced 40, as Djuced 40 has no timecode mode, so I am sure in Djuced 40 you can only test Rmx2 audio input which was my question of yesterday.

1 - Install Djuced 40 3.1.2 on your PC,
2 - Place an audio vinyl disc (not a timecode vinyl, an AUDIO vinyl disc) on your turntable.
3 - Connect your turntable audio outputs to Rmx2 audio inputs.
4 - Make sure you the turntable ground cable is firmly fixed to the Rmx2 ground screws (depending of how noisy your electricity is, you may hear no signal from the turntable without the ground connected).
5 - Open DJConsole Rmx2 control panel and make sure the Inputs Channel as set on Line (0dB) or Line (+6dB)
6 - Run Djuced 40.
7 - In Settings > Audio, select
- Audio Device: DJConsole Rmx2 ASIO (ASIO)
- Outputs: Master: Outputs 1&2 / Headphones: Outputs 3&4
- Inputs: Deck A: Inputs 1&2 / Deck B: Inputs 3&4

8- Click on OK to return to Djuced 40
9 - In Djuced 40, click on the 2 deck mode (symbol ||

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

in the top bar)
10 - Activate the audio inputs with Rmx2 Source 1 and Source 2 buttons.
11 - play the vinyl audio disks : do you hear the vinyl audio disc music in your mix.
12 - you can switch you Line +6dB in Rmx2 control panel to hear louder.

Topic starter
hello Max, I'm sorry if I did not suffer before
but the hercules rmx 2 has been replaced by the vendor
I came back today and it works fine
I would like to ask an information
since I use also realy vinyl and Virtual DJ PRO how can I go from time code to real vinyl via the Virtual DJ software? I activated the software in this way:
DECK 1  DRIVER ASIO  OUT 1-2
DECK 2  DRIVER ASIO   OUT 3-4
TIMECODE 1 DRIVER ASIO OUT  1-2
TIMECODE 2 DRIVER ASIO  OUT 3-4
LINE IN 1 DRIVER ASIO  OUT 1-2
LINE IN 2  DRIVER ASIO  OUT 3-4
If I enable source AUX changes me, but I feel that to LINE IN 2 music is not very clear ... there are much interference
before re-burn the hercules await your advice how to configure everything for Real VINYLS and timecode vinyls
thank you very much

P.S. I use an external mixer as I said ddm 4000

Hello Maxking,

1) I do not understand why one console works and the other does not, but I suggest you stick a white label on ground side of your DJConsole Rmx2 and you write on this white panel the driver package and the firmware version (you can read them on DJConsole Rmx2 control panel, at the About tab) with which it works as you want, so that, when you get the same issue with this unit of Rmx2, you restore the firmware and driver version which have been OK for you.

2) I suspect you get a bad audio input when activating the Aux input because you probably have simultaneously a time-code decoding process in addition to the audio audio signal: if you use VDJ 8 standard skin, please check on the skin if the timecode is disabled
- if the green dot on the timecode area remains green, the timecode decoding is on,
- if the green dot on the timecode area remains green, the timecode decoding is off, you switch to timecode bypass.

Topic starter

thanks max
Tomorrow control whether green timecode remains active ...
to disable it, there is a more immediate way when you move from real vinyl at timecode?

configuration inserted by me okay?

use driver last HDJCSeries PC [2016.HDJS.1]

Hello maxking,

Hereafter you can see the Timecode On / Timecode Off button in VirtualDJ 8 Pro.

If you want to control the timecode activation mode on a key, you can remap a key on your computer or on your controller, for example of the computer keys F11 and F12:
F11    deck 1 timecode_active
F12    deck 2 timecode_active

The Source button should also disable the timecode mode with another command, the timecode_bypass, but I do not know how it works so I use the timecode_active instead.

Topic starter
hello Max, thank you for your endless support ....
But I continue to have problems listening to the real vinyl, whereas in the audio timecode is perfect
with real vinyl feel distorted and not clear sound
obviously I remove timecode setting and step LINE
Use an external mixer as you know that I connect to OUT OF RMX2
the settings are these:
DECK 1 DRIVER ASIO OUT 1-2
DECK 2 DRIVER ASIO OUT 3-4
TIMECODE 1 DRIVER ASIO IN 1-2
TIMECODE 2 DRIVER ASIO IN 3-4
LINE 1  DRIVER ASIO  IN 1-2
LINE  2  DRIVER ASIO  IN 3-4
Audio listening with vinyl but it is distorted and not clear ...
perhaps it will be 'the problem of the external mixer?
This happens with the panel set in rmx2 both 0DB that with + 6dB

I felt then just connect ONLY the rmx2 like you've given me with Djuced 40 and to read the actual vinyl and feels great ....