Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj rmx randomly disconecting

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone,

i have been having a lot of issues with my hercules rmx. i bought it more than three months ago because i wanted to try djing for a long time. 
but i had a lot of hardware and sofwtare difficulties, i honestly spend 30 to 50 hours during the last three months trying to correctly set up the dj sofwtare and making my controller work fine. 

among the technical difficulties i had, one happens almost all the time: while i am mixing with the dj program, the controller randomly disconnects after a certain amount of time. then i have to manually disconnect it and plug it again: sometimes it works again, sometimes it doesnt. i have tried on virtual dj , serato, and i recently bought cross dj: it always happens so i think its a hardware problem.

i have all the latest drivers. i made sure that the os doesnt automaticly disconnect usb ports to save power. i tried different programs, different mappings, made sure my os is up to date (windows 10). i also tried to discover if something in particular was triggering the disconnection (using the mouse, loading a song into a deck, etc.) but i found nothing. the controller is still plugged (buttons are still lit), but the dj program does not seem to recieve any signal from the controller anymore.

i really want to keep on djing, i spent a lot of money on this and i cant afford buying a new controller or buying a mac just to see if it works better...

so do you guys have an idea why this happens?  thanks a lot for your time

sorry if i made mistakes, english is not my native language

kathovar.

Hello,

1) If you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile".
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJ Console Rmx,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.
Trying to identify a technical issue without knowing in details your computer configuration is like looking for a precise grain of sand in a desert.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

2) Please precise in detail what you mean by "the controller randomly disconnects after a certain amount of time":
a) does it means
i- the controls stop operating but the audio still plays
ii- or the controls and the audio stop,
iii- ot some controls stop but other keep on operating,
iv - someting elese, and then please precise,

b)does it occur only at a moment you touch the controller or can it occur also while nobody is touching the controller?

3) It may be an electrostatic issue: make sure you do not mix with shoes with which you get electrostatic discharge al day long (such shoes are isolating, so that your electric potential is growing and discharge from time to time, while good shoes for most use are not electrically isolating, so that you are always on a ground electric potential).

4) Some early Rmx had an electrostatic vulnerability which was instally fixed with the following process:
- on the rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the USB port)
- wind up a thin coper or steel cable around the screw, and put the screw back in place.
- wind up the other end of the cable to the ground screw on the input 1-2.

5) There is a french speaking forum here, so if you feel better at ease with french, do not hesitate to post in the french area.

Topic starter

Hello and thank you very much for your answer,

I have updated my account information to list my equipment.

I tried DJing with different shoes (including no shoes), and it does not seem to change anything.

I also put a coper cable like you told me to, same result.

I ran some tests using Cross DJ 3.3.10:
- When the controller stops working, the audio still plays
- Even without touching the controller, after a certain amount of time, it disconnects (so its not necessarly when someone touches it). However,  it seems like it happens a lot more often when I use functions like "Load song on Deck A" or "Play". It does not make the controller disconnects every single time, but most of the time when I press these buttons.  When i use the knobs, the controller does not stop working.
- When the controller stops working, no control is responding anymore.

Can you please help me? 🙁

Hello Kathovar,

It would be interesting to check if you get the same issue with another software, to identify whether the issue may be due to the software/mapping/installation/index of files.The Rmx is not supported Serato, but if you have VDJ Pro (trial or full version), you can check if you duplicate the same issue.

Load song and Play are both CPU intensive actions, please make sure:
- songs are stored on the hard drive, with enough free hard disk space (never read songs on a USB key), never keep a USB key connected to the computer while DJing,
- you have analyzed the songs prior to loading them,
- you have closed all Windows background tasks and disconnected Wifi and internet.

Make sure you have followed Windows optimisation guidelines here.

Topic starter

Hey Guys,

I have the same problem here, in my case console rmw totally freezing and  the audio stop. I tryied to update the firmware with Updater 4.3.5 but when i do the procedure to conect a TUSB (holding mic button and plug usb cable), windows don't recognize console and updater don't work (doesn't conect like a tusb console)

Anybody have a fix to it?

Best 

Hello,

1) What is your DJConsole Series package?
Is it 2016_HDJS_1?
https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djconsolermx-en/

2) Disconnections while playing are not related to firmware. If you have not the proper firmware, the Rmx would not connect.

a) Please stop using the mic pushed down process: if you succeed to run the firmware updater but if the USB connection crashes duiring the firmware update, the Rmx will be broken.

b) If your Rmx totally disconnects while playing, there are 3 possibilities:

i) the USB cable is too long for some USB 3.0 ports: you should replace the UBb cable with a 3 feet USB 2.0 cable

ii) the computer is not properly grounded: tyou should be able to solve it in placing a USB hub with a power adapter between your DJ Console Rmx and your computer.

iii) the Rmx casing is not properly grounded (I doubt it is the case as you should have met this issue years ago):
- on DJ Console Rmx rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the USB port)
- wind up a thin coper or steel cable around the screw, and put the screw back in place.

Topic starter

Hello,

1) What is your DJConsole Series package?
Is it 2016_HDJS_1?
https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djconsolermx-en/

2) Disconnections while playing are not related to firmware. If you have not the proper firmware, the Rmx would not connect.

a) Please stop using the mic pushed down process: if you succeed to run the firmware updater but if the USB connection crashes duiring the firmware update, the Rmx will be broken.

b) If your Rmx totally disconnects while playing, there are 3 possibilities:

i) the USB cable is too long for some USB 3.0 ports: you should replace the UBb cable with a 3 feet USB 2.0 cable

ii) the computer is not properly grounded: tyou should be able to solve it in placing a USB hub with a power adapter between your DJ Console Rmx and your computer.

iii) the Rmx casing is not properly grounded (I doubt it is the case as you should have met this issue years ago):
- on DJ Console Rmx rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the USB port)

Hey man,

My package series is the last one (  HDJCSeries PC [2016.HDJS.1] )

About the firmware updater, i made the mic off process because is what softaware ask me to do but it doesn't work. Audio firmware is at 31 and i read here in the forum that they have a new version. How can i update it without mic pushed down process? I read about try to update in a diferent computer with windows 7, is it true?

USB cable is ok, is not to long and is usb 2.0

I made the RMX grounded but don't have sucess.