dj console rmx not ...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console rmx not working with usb 3.0

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello.  im using an hp tablet running windows 10 with 2 usb 3.0 ports.  my rmx is not recognized by the usb 3.0 ports and just flashes when connected.  i have installed a powered usb 2.0 hub between the rmx and the tablet.  with this installed the tablet recognizes the rmx and it functions except that it will not send sound out of channels 3-4.  (i use mixvibes cross dj as my player).  i can use the rmx on my pc using its usb 2.0 port and the rmx works perfectly.  is there a solution to get the rmx to work with the usb 3.0 ports?  if not what should i do.  

Hello,

The issue you meet is an old issue which was fixed in 2014 by a firmware update, so I suppose your DJ Console Rmx incorporates an old firmware, so you must upgrade the firmware of your DJ Console Rmx to have it recognized on your Windows 10 computer, but you need another computer to upgrade the firmware on the Rmx.

The solution is to
1) Find a PC with Windows 8.0 or Windows 7 (but not Windows 8.1 or Windows 10)
2) Find a USB hub (USB 1.1, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0, all are OK) powered by a with a power adapter: it is important to use the power adapter,
3) Install the USB hub powered by its power adapter to the Windows 7 or 8.0 PC,
4) Install the last driver from Hercules (today 2015_HDJS_6, here) on the Windows 7 or Windows 8.0 PC
5) Connect the DJ Console Rmx to the Windows 7 or 8.0 PC
6) Once the driver has updated the firmware on the DJ Console Rmx, if the DJ Console Rmx is properly detected on the Windows 7 or 8 PC, you can use the DJ Console Rmx on the Windows 10 PC.

Topic starter

Thank you for your reply Maxdjack.  Is this really the only solution?  I have checked with my freinds and no one has a a Windows 7 or 8 machine.  Windows 8 is rare since microsoft is force updating people to 10 these days.  Surely there must be a way to update the firmware on a windows 10 machine.  

Also, im confused about why my RMX console works on my windows 10 pc and not my windows 10 tablet.  Is there no way to force the firmware to update on a windows 10 machine.  It seems like Hercules would have written a utility for that.  Please advise. 

Hello Red Sun,

1) If your Rmx works on your Windows 10 PC, can you check in the Rmx control panel, in the about tab, if the firmware version finishes with 32?
(Whether you get 1.0.6.32 or 1.0.3.32 is equal, it is the same firmware version 32)

Itf the firmware in the Rmx is not release 32, then you should update the firmware of the Rmx on your Windows 10 PC, in installing the driver 2015_HDJS_6, here. Then, you can check you have the new firmware in the about tab, and afterwards use the Rmx on your tablet.

2) If the issue you meet is due to an old firmware
The reason why I suggested using a Windows 8.0 or older OS PC is that the firwmare update of the Rmx is made to fit with  a new USB 3.0 driver Microsoft has installed in Windows 8.1 (and Microsoft keeps this driver in Windows 10).
So if your Rmx has the old firmware
- if your Windows 10 PC has only USB 2.0 ports, the Rmx is detected,
- if your Windows 10 tablet has USB 3.0 ports, the Rmx is not detected.

Topic starter

Thanks again for your reply.

My Console about tab shows version 1.1.4.31 with package 1.hdjs.2016.  I uninstalled the current RMX drivers and reinstalled the drivers at the link you provided (which I believe are the same ones i already had).  I installed those drivers and connected the console, now it still says firmware 1.1.4.31 with package 1.hdjs.2016.  So nothing is different.  What should I do now?  I saw a forum post on how to force a firmware update.  I tried to do that but it doesnt work for me.  It fails during step three, instead of saying "the drivers are older than expected" it just completes the installation and everything works as normal.  What should I do?

Hello,

Can you
- go in the folder C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware
- check if you find a file named RMX_TUSB_F.dja,
- confirm it is dated 04 March 2014, with size 8,315 bytes?

Topic starter

Yes, I have that file in that location and it is that size and that date.

Hello,

1) It would help if you could
a) complete your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile" http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/ .
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", check your Dj controller, DJ Console Rmx,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": your describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows , version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

b) precise the location of the forum discussion where you have seen a process to force a firmware update, since without reading or seeing the process you mention, I have no idea of what the failure at step 3 means.

2) Here is the process I recommend on your Windows 10 PC (not on your tablet).
a - Install the driver package 1.HDJS.2016 if it not installed.
b - Find a USB hub which comes with a power adapter
c - Connect this USB hub to your computer, make sure the USB hub is powered by its power adapter
d - Connect your DJ Console Rmx to this USB hub
e - disconnect the computer from internet, close Any background task,
f - Click on Windows Start > Run, and type in the Run field
"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual
g - click on OK
h - You get a firmware updater menu as this one

If you see current Firmware audio is 31, and available firmware audio is 32,
- check the box in the column Flash on the line "Firmware Audio"
- click on the "Update!" button
- you see a bar in the "Task in progress area", with the label "Updating audio part"
- once the audio update is finished, you read the label " Done. You can now disconnect and reconnect your DJHERCULESMix Device."
- Disconnect the DJ Console Rmx: the firmware info area becomes empty.
- Once the Info area is empty, reconnect the Rmx.
- The Info area is completed again: if you read "32" in the Current column, line "Firwmare Audio", you have completed the firmware update of your Rmx.

Topic starter

Ok, Ive done everything you said.  when I get to step "F" and run the hdjseriesupdater.exe, I dont get a window that looks like the one in your screen shot, I get this one:

So i followed the instructions on that window but nothing happens.  I hold down the mic button while connecting the usb and the lights on the console just blink.  Ive held the button down for as long as 8 or 9 minutes with no change.  Please advise.

Hello,

The menu you get means you run hdjseriesupdater.exe without typing the -manual extension.
You follow this process:
1) Get the Run field: Windows > All Apps > Windows System > Run
2) In the Run field type exactly
"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual
you must type the " in mention in this line, and the -manual.
3) Click on OK button.
4) And, when you get the firmware updater in manual mode, looking like

(the Firmware Controller line may be different).
If you see current Firmware audio is 31, and available firmware audio is 32,
- check the box in the column Flash on the line "Firmware Audio"
- click on the "Update!" button
- you see a bar in the "Task in progress area", with the label "Updating audio part"
- once the audio update is finished, you read the label " Done. You can now disconnect and reconnect your DJHERCULESMix Device."
- Disconnect the DJ Console Rmx: the firmware info area becomes empty.
- Once the Info area is empty, reconnect the Rmx.
- The Info area is completed again: if you read "32" in the Current column, line "Firwmare Audio", you have completed the firmware update of your Rmx.

Topic starter

You were correct, I was not manually running it.  Ok, I completed the process as you instructed and now it says Firmware 32.  I then took the device to my windows 10 tablet and connected it, it still says device not recognized.  If I use an external USB HUB it will recognize the RMX and I can use mixvibes with the RMX AISO.  However, I now have two problems:

1. now none of the midi mapping is functional, it appears to be mapping randomly and sometimes not at all.

2.  Sound still does not play through channels 3-4.

Both of these problems are present using either a USB hub or a powered USB hub. 

Hello,

1) For MIDI mapping and Audio on channel 3-4
Open the Rmx control panel, go to the advanced tab and make sure the Rmx is set on MIDI channel 1 (Default).

Please confirm you use the Rmx in ASIO mode.

When you get no sound on channel 3-4, do you mean

a- no preview in the headphones (output channel 3-4)?
Then make sure you have connected a jack plug only on 1 headphones output (front or top): not on both headphones output.

b- or no sound from input channel 3-4?
Then make sure your Rmx ASIO is set in 16-bit mode (as in 24-bit, it is normal you lose the input channel 3-4).

2) For the need of a USB hub on your tablet
It is likely the Windows 10 tablet either delivers not enough power on the USB bus, or is not set to accept declaring it needs 450 mA.

a) Please complete, in your profile "My Space"> "My Profile", the field "Describe your equipment" with the tablet brand/model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows 10, I can seek if there is a specific USB bus power setting.

b) Disable Windows preset made to save energy on the USB
- Open
Device Manager, expand USB Serial Bus controllers.
-  Once there, right click on USB Root Hub and click Properties. Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Repeat the same operation all meaning USB Hub.

c) Make sure your tablet is set on High Performance power plan.
Go to Control Panel > Power Options and check you are on high performance power plan.

If you are in a balanced power plan, then you may have a USB Selective Suspend setting activated (as described here), and they may prevents the boot of the Rmx.

Have you tried booting your tablet with the Rmx already connected directly on the tablet?