led lights not work...

Notifications
Clear all

led lights not working - djcontrol instinct s

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all. i just bought this controller, and it seems to work perfectly with my virtual dj pro 8, using the preloaded midi map that virtual dj offers for this model.  except one thing.  the only lights that are lit up on the controller are the loop/effect/sample sections, the file button, and the headphone button(when activated), and the light next to the jog wheel..  none of the other lights are lit up.  they do flash immediately after plugging the device in, but they turn off after that.  

any advice on getting these lights to light up? 

PLease open the DJControl Instinct Control panel (in the Notification Area, near the clock), and make sure the MIDI channel is set to 1.

Topic starter

PLease open the DJControl Instinct Control panel (in the Notification Area, near the clock), and make sure the MIDI channel is set to 1.

Yes, Phatso, The midi channel is set to 1.  No difference.  In fact, I have two different laptops, running the virtual DJ, and I'm getting the same result.  

Can you try the following procedure?

As indicated, be sure that both MIDI In and MIDI Out are enabled. When pressing a button with a LED (PLAY/Cue, the FX buttons, etc), then should lit up.

This to help rule out a potential problem with the VDJ mapping and/or confirm a defect with your controller.

Topic starter

Phat one..  I finally was able to test it... the lights did not light up during the test.

Then you might want to use the warranty and obtain a replacement unit.