hercules dj mp3 le ...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj mp3 le driver not installed

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have been using my dj mp3 le controller with my i3 laptop with win 8.1 64 bit os. but since last few days it stopped working. i tried reinstalling the latest package from hercules site including driver. i can see in device manager dj controller listed with yellow mark also shows as driver not installed. the center red light on unit comes on. during installation, no error shows and it completes.i tried to install software in another pc which run on win 7. there also same issue. please advise how to resolve it.

Hello,

Please confirm
- you have used the driver package fo Windows 2015_HDJS_6,
- you use an administrator account of Windows,

And make sure that, when you have connected the controller, during the driver installation, you have NOT answered to Windows pop up called Found New hardware wizard, and instead you have kept on installing the drivers.
If you have answered to Windows pop up Found New hardware wizard, it has ruined the driver installation.
If you have answered to this window, you must afterwards.
1) remove the DJHerculesMix Products Series drivers from the the installed programes,
2) reboot the PC,
3) Reinstall Hercules package drivers 015_HDJS_6
4) And at the moment you connect the controller, if you see a pop up menu called Found new hardware wizard, you do no answer to this menu.

Topic starter

There was no popup window came in between. I used admin user to install latest available driver package from Hercules site. Under device manager only one item listed as "DJ control MP3 LE" and not listed the MIDI unit. One more yellow item see as "Unknown device".

Topic starter

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue ?

As a last attempt I may try to update the firmwire ? How to do that ? If possible to do using any Eprom flasher, where to get the firmware file to flash ??

Hello,

DJControl MP3 LE firmware is not upgradable, it is built-in, and works on any PC/Mac computer once you install the proper drivers.
It Windows tells you the driver is not installed, it seems the driver is not installed, so the issue is not related to the firmware, it means you must re-install the driver.

If you do not try the process I have described in my previous message

1) remove the DJHerculesMix Products Series drivers from the the installed programes,
2) reboot the PC,
3) Install Hercules package drivers 015_HDJS_6
4) And at the moment you connect the controller, if you see a pop up menu called Found new hardware wizard, you do no answer to this menu.

there is not much one can do. If you prefer to call Hercules hot line than to try the forum sugestion, the phone number is 02031474889 (Hercules support contact is here).