Clear all

problem connecting to external mixer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys.

i have hercules rmx 2.
yesterday i was trying to play with rca connection to an external mixer, but djuced 40 would crash... quite terrible... sometimes it would give a asio error blinking in red at the bottom...
i couldnt make out the issue... but when i played without the rca connection (in 1 & 2) and listened on the headphones, everything was fine, but as soon as i connected the rca to the console from the external mixer, it would crash.... i got some fuzzy lines on my pc screen as well when rca would connect... any ideas on this? could it be that the external mixer was sending some signal back to the console??? no idea... i have to play next sunday and need a solution to this...

thanks in advance. 

From the look of it, there may be an electrical problem with that mixer.

Have you ever tried it with another sound source ?

What brand/model of mixer it this?

Topic starter

Hey Phatso, thanks for the reply...

I cant remember the brand/model... it was a cheap chinese mixer at the club...
Another DJ played from his laptop with no problem with that mixer though... It seems the trouble came with my RMX 2 only... 

How can an RCA cable make the RMX 2 console crash or the DJuced 40 ??? What electrical problem do you think it could be (any tips?)
Perhaps a solution would be to come out directly to the speakers next time (avoiding the mixer)...
Can I use RCA channels 1 & 2 + XLR in order to have two outputs??? Because they had two different speaker systems there, and i needed the mixer in order to come out to both....

This happened another time once at a small beach party using a common audio system... I think it was an Aiwa ... just standard home system... It would crash all of a sudden and no idea why...

Any info is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Christian.