Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj consoles and os x el capitan

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello to everynone!
i am a new user here in this forum and i am happy to be here!

my question - i hope you can help me......

i have the hercules 4-mx and i dont find drivers for os x 10.11 el capitan.
can you help me? i only find drivers for 10.10 on the support site.....

does the controller work with 10.11.1?
what can i do if it wont work?
any workaround?

thx!

Hello,

The drivers for Mac OS 10.10 also works in 10.11 El Capitan, so DJ Console 4-Mx is supported in El Capitan.

But El Capitan is currently, in my opinion, an unreliable operating system for musicians: there are many incompatibility issues with USB audio or FireWire audio interfaces, so, as long as El Capitan brings no significant new functions, while it causes hundreds of incompatibilities, one should not install this operating system.
If Apple release an update of Mac OS 10.11 supporting fully USB and FireWire peripherals, El Capitan will become attractive again, but it seems Apple no longer seeks compatibility with existing peripherals:
- iPhone 7 is announced without 1/8" headphones output: if you would cannot connect wired headphones, you lose the ability to connect the best headphones (for phone use, bluetooth headphones are OK, but for music, there are better headphones than Bluetooth headphones or Beats headphones, a brand whose target is fashion victims, but definitely not people who have good ears),
- Apple has released the MacBook, a MacBook Air with only a USB-C plug, so you cannot connect a standard USB key or a standard USB device.