can anyone recommen...

Notifications
Clear all

can anyone recommend speakers for home use on djcontrol instinct

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i have a dj control instinct and whilst at home feed it through a crappy speaker (because its the only one i have that can use a single 3.5 jack). before i launch into a lifelong internet search for a set of speakers, can anyone recommend some they are using that can be plugged into the single 3.5 jack on the back? thanks very much!

Hello Slske1,

1) Any stereo speaker kit with dual RCA input can be connected to the 1/8" (3.5mm) jack output on the back of your computer, you just need to add a cheap dual RCA to 1/8" adapter (as here) if your audio cable is in dual RCA instead of 1/8".

2) I don't see why you focus on 3.5mm (1/8") connection since Instinct has both 1/8" and dual RCA speakers outputs.

3) The type of speakers you may use depends on what you want to do:
- for use at home, in a bedroom or in a living room up to 300 square feet/25 square meters, 30W Rms speakers are OK, as Hercules 2.1 slim speakers  or, if you prefer stereo speakers than 2.1,  XPS DJ 2.060 whose look is more attractive,
- for use in a large room for example a 400 square feet/40 square meters room, I would suggest either Hercules XPS 2.080 DJ, or a hifi system if you have one,
- for use in a hall or outside, you need public address speakers, they are generally much larger and heavier.